My website - please review and judge

tozman

Hello, I've created website about quotes:

it has some (hopefully) nice features, selected few:

* Besides general search in the top menu, you can extensively search authors by their occupation, nationality, and birth date at "Explore Authors" page:

For example, ancient Greek Philosophers: https://welikequotes.com/author/?year_b_from=-1000&year_b_to=500&s_nat=8&s_pro=5

* You can list authors by specified nationality/occupation:

...or mix nationality and occupation, for example American astronauts:

* You can also combine author and word, for example Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes about America:

* You can add elements to notebook to save it for session time, and then using notebook create quotes on image of selected elements

For example random quotes of Arnold Schwarzenegger on image:

...quote is changing on the image every 5 minute

It's a new webpage and I'm still working to improve it, Your opinion is important for me, I hope You like it, but if there is something You dislike please do not hesitate to critique.

Rob Whisonant

It is mobile friendly. So that is very good.

You need to add a favicon to the site.

Now here is the major problem I am seeing about it. When I first arrive at the site, I am not being told what it is about. I'm not guided with what to do next either. So I just sat there looking at some random quote with no idea what to do next.

In it's current form, it would work better as a resource to a website. It seems incomplete to be a standalone website in it's current form.

Hope that gives you some things to think about.

tozman

I would like to click that "thanks" button for your reply but there isn't one, I wonder if you will introduce it back to the forums.

Anyway, Yes, I'm seeing big bounce rate at home page, and you just confirming something isn't right, I need to find way to guide visitor, so he'll get deeper into website and explore content.

vincetucker

First of all, I really like the name of your domain and I like the simplicity of your website. All the Best

geek

I like your site. You did a good job of segmenting people data from Wikipedia :). And I agree that the main page lacks a heading (which could help your rankings) and some intro text.
I would like to click that "thanks" button for your reply but there isn't one, I wonder if you will introduce it back to the forums.
There is a "Like" button at the right side.

JohnWeb

Best answer
Interesting. Looks like these quotes could be useful to get a higher grade in English class. The list of authors is interesting. Its nice to search by authors or words. Interesting - there is also list of nationalities and occupations.

Some of the quotes say things like, "I had a great education." Looks like having education automatically creates a quote for you. Time to figure out which people have which education, I guess.

It's a fascinating site. It even has philosophers and their quotes. Well done.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.