How do I improve my local listing rank?

joshuadamon

I am curious to find out exactly which technique or techniques to improve my Google local listing ranking? I am attempting to raise my keyword ranking. Any secrets or tips?

tattoo'd writer

My suggestion is to make sure and utilize Google+. It now links all of your google services together creating great domain trust with Google and provides social interaction as well. In today's world of social media this is very important. It may be as important as having quality backlinks these days.

ketul

You may add geo placename and geo location meta tag in your header. Also add your place name in your meta title, description and content. Add your site in local business directory and classifieds sites that gives you potential customer.

LanceBachmann

I have already replied on this on my another post yesterday.. FYI I am sharing same again..

Google Local Means is optimization local areas for your website in Google. If someone search out query for any product or service availability in Google for local areas your website should come there in SERP.

After recent Google’s Pigeon Update, local ranking algorithm update, you need to workout on this -

Again, these are old-school basics, but we hardly see any websites correctly optimizing for local areas:

Include City/ST in your title tag.
Include City/ST in your H1 heading.
Include City/ST in your content.
Include City/ST in your alt text on images.
Include City/ST in your URL.

Create Google+ Profile, Google Plus Business Page. Do Map Listing

Few Points to all remember for Local Listing

Accuracy and consistency in online listings.
Accuracy of NAP
Consistency of NAP
To Provide All the other valuable information in directory listings.
Building Complete Social-media accounts and Business Page/Citations

FreedomBlogger

You can do Map Citations to help your rankings with Local Keywords.

I would go to fiverr.com and look for Map Citation Gigs.

This should help you get better rankings for local keywords!

I hope this helps!

I wish you the best of the best!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers! :D

ericplotz1

I am curious to find out exactly which technique or techniques to improve my Google local listing ranking? I am attempting to raise my keyword ranking. Any secrets or tips?
The steps are easy for ranking local websites.

1. Get Whitespark Local Citation Finder ($20 a month)
2. Scrape competitors citations with Whitespark (very easy process and self explanatory, will take you less time to figure out then it would for me to display the process)
3. Submit business details with NAP consistency to the citations your competitors have submitted to. YES, ALL OF THEM! (Discard sites with low DA/ not useful) FYI Google+ is a citation. I completely outsource this process for $200 per 80 citations. You'll find gigs on Fiverr that offer directory submissions, but I wouldn't trust em'. I've used a couple and people complained about getting spam emails and 1 client said they recieved 132 phone calls from solicitors in one day. This person was supposed to be the best. So steer clear of Fiverr for directory submissions.
4. Make sure the business website and descriptions in citations are optimized for target keyword.
5. Find a gig for map citations. Like said above
6. At minimal, push out 4 pieces of content from the site, every month, for 3 months.

I have ranked sites in the 7-pack and on the first page of Google with these steps.

Worldeyeglasses

The easy factor for improving your Google Places page is the number of reviews you receive. More than any other business listings site (Yelp, Yellow Pages, ect.) the reviews on Google are key to your overall success in search.

jamesalan

There are many ways to optimize your website for Google local ranking. The very most important thing to get ranking on local is to clean up your NAP( Business Name, Address and Phone Number). If your business NAP conflicted around the web such as local business listing sites, then you can hardly get ranking on google local pack.

This is a huge topic, you can learn more about Local SEO, following through some local SEO expert blog like Mike Blumenthal, Local Visibility Blog, Moz blog etc.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.