Benefits from Feedburner?

freds86

I have not ever tried Feedburner but I visited more websites using it.
I don't know which benefits I can get if I submit my site rss to Feedburner?
and It can help me improve SEO,traffic or rankings?

brainmoore

Yes, it can surely help with SEO, traffic and rankings. If a website publishes something frequently i.e. content or any posts, they would prefer to use RSS feed to notify users about new posts. Feedburner can help generate rss feed.

DPrat

Usefulness of Feedburner - Pratwords.com

I have not ever tried Feedburner but I visited more websites using it.
I don't know which benefits I can get if I submit my site rss to Feedburner?
and It can help me improve SEO,traffic or rankings?
This is really an exciting question, which I like to answer as[URLnf="http://feeds.feedburner.com/pratwords"] I am using feedburner[/URLnf] for a long period.

First of all, Feedburner is not a feed itself, but a feed enhancer which enhances any feed with lots of useful functionality.

What is Feedburner ?

[URLnf="https://feedburner.google.com/"]Feedburner[/URLnf] is a feed processing platform by Google. it provides tools for Optimizing, Getting Subscribers and Distributing feeds as newsletters.

Does Feedburner helps in SEO ?

No, it does not help in SEO directly. But, indirectly it does by increasing shares and returning visitors.

What are the benefits of Feddburner ?

• You will get enterprise level features with it for FREE
  • You can customize it upto great extent.
  • Once set , it does not require any monitoring.
  • It provides statistics to track its performance.
  • It also supports podcasts
  • It can be used with all CMS and websites which has feeds.

I hope that helps.

hoangvu

hoangvu
Please elaborate 4 these factors, I really care about benefis of Feddburner :)

DPrat

DPrat
The place over here is small to explain all the capabilities of feedburner. I can say, once you start using it you will be able to explore all of it one by one, as it is not so hard.

Inquestor

Inquestor
While everything you mention above is true, IMO this is a double edge sword. Hence why Google acquired it, they love these situations.

Two reasons:

1st: In terms of SEO, you are posting duplicate content. Doing so will probably result in a penalty.

2nd: If you are running Adsense on said website, you run the risk of it being banned. Which they will say your website is a "content farm"

Like I said, this is a double edge sword. Sometimes it will work great while at other times it will work against you...

Please note:

This only applies to webmasters who use feedburner to post content from other websites in order add content to their website.

Reactions: wms

DPrat

DPrat
Hi, I am unable to understand your 1st and 2nd reasons. How it is becoming a duplicate content issue and how will it ban adsense can you please explain?

Andre

Andre
@Dprat Nice said
I'd like to know about benefit on traffic, Feddburner can drive traffic to my site? if yes, from where and how?
As I've seen on your link above, you used Feddburner for your blog :)

DPrat

DPrat
Hello Andre, Feedburner works in the same way as any other newsletter subscription and delivery system. As I mentioned above in a reply to KellyLC that , the functionalities of Feedburner is vast and its hard to explain it all here. Once you create an burn an existing feed with it using a google account, you will be able to know it easily. Its not so hard. But , yes your strategy to engage users to register for your newsletters through Feedburner needs some expert digital marketing help.

If you want expert digital marketing consultancy you can reach me through my blog @ Pratwords.com

DPrat

Purpose of Feedburner - Pratwords.com

What I mean is some webmasters use syndication via RSS from other sources to post content on their website. I assume this is the point of using services like feedburner, no?
I am sorry to say, but I guess you have misconception about Feedburner. This is not the purpose for which Feedburner was built. It is built for:

• Getting seamless newsletter delivery system, for sites like blogs and forums where contents are generated at high frequency and with all best features for FREE.
  • You can have widgets for feeds with small excerpts in it, not the whole content. So the duplicate issue is not there.
  • It is fully compatible with Adsense and any other AD system on any website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.