SEO Tips for 2015

johnyplex

I've started SEO since 2009 and getting good rankings for keywords for my niche websites
I want to discuss everyone on this forum about which SEO methods the most important in this year 2015
My tips are quality backlinks, content and social media.
what are your tips and how to apply them?

edsonbuchanan

Well you have not left much room to add more tips lol

I would say everything you said is 100% correct. Just make sure when you are writing content, make sure and keep it targeted to your audience and as far as social media. I would recommend a FaceBook page and Youtube for a great start. I know there are allot of ways to use social media but I would start with those.

Nytshade

I only have one question.

If Google hasn't updated the page rank tool and high quality backlinks pass page rank to your website, what are you still doing sending page rank to your website?

Just so you know, page rank is link juice, one and the same thing.

From 2015 onwards, it's all about Authority Signals, no link juice, period! We've discussed this many times in this forum so next time before you create a new thread please use the search feature to see if there are any similar threads. So instead of creating a new one you can revive the old one.

elcidofaguy

I've started SEO since 2009 and getting good rankings for keywords for my niche websites
I want to discuss everyone on this forum about which SEO methods the most important in this year 2015
My tips are quality backlinks, content and social media.
what are your tips and how to apply them?
Hi Johnyplex,

For me its business as usual... no major changes from 2014 into 2015 as yet.... But SEO does change rapidly with G's many algo changes so it will be interesting to review this towards end of year...

I agree with your comments - noting that backlinks still form the main part of G's ranking algo - whether its high authority sites or social media links from shares etc... its just that these days you need to be real careful of penguin... So you'll need to focus on your backlinking profile being as organic as possible e.g. good mix of dofollow, nofollow, more generic anchor text with commercial anchors being around 10% (my preference) with use of long tail etc... in addition to velocity of creation which should be much less than your traffic stats per month noting G has a good idea of your traffic from SERP results...

I also think see on-page as being much more important in recent years with building out epic content, silos with categories, sub categories and interlinking posts/pages on keywords as well... This allows G's crawlers to get a much better understanding of your site... Read up on G's Hummingbird for a better understanding of why...

Another big area to focus on is CTR (click through rates) and bounce rates on SERPS... as this definitely has a big say on whether your site will increase on the rankings... Improve your title/description tag for CTR and for bounce rates you need to focus on how to get people to stay on the site longer with great engaging content etc...

..... and of course social is very much growing in importance... and if done right with viral content can bring some nice traffic and engagement to your site... and further you are diversifying traffic and not having to rely on G... which is a good thing!

With that said - some things never change! and that is to keep building up your list.... and use email marketing as part of your overall strategy!

Best of Luck,

Sid

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.