Status
Not open for further replies.

hoangvu

Hello,

Anyone can suggest me domain providers with low cost and good support
Should I buy domain at Godaddy.com ?

Thanks

DPrat

You can get a domain @ GoDaddy. But I prefer Hostgator for webspace. If you feel that getting Domain and Webspace from two different providers is a tiresome job, it is advisable to approach to Hostgator for the same.

Brenna_Troupe

you can buy domain name at there.But i suggest first be clear about your need and aspects then search company according to your need.

Last edited:

MikeQ

Godaddy is liked by all, I would say it is really Daddy in domain industry, you must buy domain from Godaddy for better security and privacy.

susansmith001

As long as I know Godaddy is the number one domain provided company and the world so you should go for it.

boognish

I prefer NameCheap as a domain registrar. Their prices are fair and new registrations include free whois privacy.

Last edited:

elcidofaguy

Personally I wouldn't.... I truly hate their back end user system which makes no sense... I have a few domain registered with them (as part of PBN's), but one thing for sure I'll never host my sites there.... I also hate the way they have hidden charges all over the place....

Just the other day I was looking at buying a domain at auction... Went to godday and it said it was available and as I logged in - it was magically removed with the statement that its no longer available - but should I want it then I should contact them for agent support in order to attempt to get the domain... What is weird is that the WHOIS lookup for the domain shows godaddy as sponsoring registrar....

That said I simply headed over to Sedo, saw that it was available, placed my bid and a couple of hours later I got it.... I still don't get why that happened with godaddy - but if anything it reinforces my distrust of this BS company....

NickTheMusketeer

On the contrary to what elcidofaguy said, I believe that GoDaddy is one of the best and cheapest domain name providers (1yr plans). I have used both NameCheap and GoDaddy and it looks like that the highest discount coupons are available for GoDaddy. I bought 3 domains for $0.98 each and Private Domain Name registration package for all of them just for $1 each.

However, I agree that the backend of GoDaddy isn't average user-friendly even though I am a Web Developer and I have 6 years of experience in that field.

elcidofaguy

I can agree with your point on buying new domains and pricing.... I've used them for that as well as auctions as they are far too big to be ignored....

But for hosting that's another issue .... I'm a software developer and as GUI's go that is simply the worst control panel user interface... hidden charges have really annoyed me too i.e. from recollection I think it was domain forwarding which should really of been free or something like that ....

I think one of the other reasons I'm real annoyed with them is that 5 years later I still get reminder emails on a domain that I dropped and they're still requesting money to renew the damn thing.... the price keeps going way up and what is funny - I can buy that domain such as on Namecheap for next to nothing should I want too....

NickTheMusketeer

NickTheMusketeer
GoDaddy is one of the worst web hosting providers. I learned the hard way. Check out the related post made here.

As far as the hidden charges are concerned, the renewals of GoDaddy, if not paid on time, they will charge you extra for the domain name which is sort of a money grab (their compensation for low-cost domain names). However, that's perfectly legal since it's mentioned in their Terms & Conditions.

boognish

When it's time to renew your domains registered with GoDaddy simply transfer them to NameCheap (look for a coupon first). This coming January 27th NameCheap is having MoveYourDomainDay with $3.98 transfers.

Last edited:

NickTheMusketeer

NickTheMusketeer
Hey boognish. Namecheap's coupons don't save you a lot of money. Just about $1-$2 from $12. I would recommend everyone to open another GoDaddy account and just transfer it to there once it expires or use a domain name transfer coupon for GoDaddy.

Some good coupons for January 2015 are available [URLnf=http://www.newcoupons.info/godaddy-transfer-domain-promo-code/]here[/URLnf]

SK57

They are all same/same in most respects. Where do you shop? Tesco? ASDA? LIDL? ALDI? Morrison's? Waitrose? M&S? Spa? WallMart? They all sell the same stuff and present and deliver it in much the same fashion.....but at a different price. Those crumpets you get in M&S for £3 are made by the same company and using the same ingredients but can be found in LIDL for 89p. These domain name providers are no different. The may appear to be different and you may be influenced one way or another by a better sounding affiliate spiel but in the bigger scheme of things they ain't no different. The back end of these services may be different but if that is all you are used to then you become familiar with it anyway.

The likelihood is that you will be using them all during your internet ventures anyway as it makes good business sense to diversify your options and keep them eggs separated.

Best just to take a personal tour of each one and see what it is they do and offer. The coupons or codes given are penny pinching savings at the best of times and are really only short term sales gimmicks that have very little bearing on the services they actually offer. When doing my own due diligence on most of them I complied a pro's and cons list. That list just about equalled out across the board and as a result didn't really help me very much.

My deciding factor was ultimately determined by the quality of training and video tutorials I found on YouTube that used these services. The best video I found that explained things in terms that I could understand happened to use Hostgator & 123 Reg. Cost wasnt a factor given that the initial outlay differed by a few pence. No point in using any system or configuration if you need a university degree to put it into practice.

You will of course also be swayed by the plethora of affiliate driven reviews that put a salesy slant on things with benefits etc, which is fine, but often as we all know, very biased, misleading and unnecessary. Buy like a customer, not a marketer.

Just pick one that you find the easiest to use. You can make the money back but you cant get the time back that you lost due to being unable to work it or configure it.

Steve.

ElixantTechnology

The problem with Godaddy's $1 domain name is that they forget to tell you that when it is time to renew your domain for the second year and onward, they will request $14 per additional year. That's their way of trapping you.

SK57

SK57
They all have hidden extras or grabs.

$14 per year for business rent! Hardly a trap is it, given that we can earn thousands per month doing this :rolleyes:

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
That's not exactly what I meant. The issue is that the way that it is advertised and promoted, it puts customers under the impression that they will be paying $1 indefinitely for the domain.

SK57

SK57
I understood your point. My point was that arguing the toss over a few dollars over a period of a year wouldn't rank highly on my list of business priorities. I currently pay £2,000 (yes two thousand pounds) per year in business rates alone for my bricks and mortar business. Paying Godaddy a few dollars over the head of Hostgator or any other provider is chump change in comparison in the scheme of things. They all use such tactics. The big boys just use larger figures when they rip you off. I have no particular preference and I would need far more than a difference of a few dollars to keep me awake at night.

Steve.

The Overseer

No, I personally hate GoDaddy and I've had terrible experiences with them. I recommend 1&1 because of their low cost, helpful support, easy user interface, and FREE private registration. I recommend getting the private registration for several reasons:

1) Saves your personal info from being public access on WHOIS and other directories.
2) Saves you from snail mail spam...which you'll get a lot of because of said personal information.

hipcat

I can't stand Godaddy anymore. I started there 8 years ago, but now their .com prices are more than anyone else I use, plus they no longer offer renewal coupons AND they spam the crap out of you with "specials" on an almost daily basis.

And don't even get me started on how crappy their hosting is...ugh.

elcidofaguy

Here is the CEO of godaddy (Bob Parsons) under fire for hunting and killing wild elephants... It was a couple of years ago when I heard about it, but its always kind of stuck in my mind.... Sorry to say but what a total, utter twat...

Reactions: ericplotz1

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Let me say first that I am completely against animal cruelty and love animals. I'm a cat person. Dogs are too much work.

But to kinda defend the CEO, there are many "Hunts" that partake in Africa and these CEOs and big wigs pay BIG $$ to hunt these animals.
They do it because of the lack of resource in Africa. It's not good for any of the animals or humans. The shortage of the planets resources are leaving animals starving and dying and species are becoming extinct. Their belief is, minimize the population, and the pop. thats left will have enough resources to survive.

Me personally, I'm on the fence, because my sole belief is humans have destroyed the earth. Not Animals. Animals take care of the environment while we destroy it with the way we live. It's terrible and I beliee that if you are not conscious of the environment and where you live, maybe we're the ones that need to be hunted.

ron13315

Hello,

Thanks

Yes if you are a beginner then you should go for godaddy $1 domain, i have two website register from goddy. and I will always use godaddy $1 top level domain. ahahaa :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views