Godaddy Vs Name.com ? which is better ?

samimnoorzaitgc

I think domain registrars are all the same. Their costs vary by few cents and dollars not too much. I got a .com domain for $8.88 from namecheap that was a discount for first year, nowadays godaddy offers a .com for $1.17, does it really matter for a large scale business?!

bacloud

I have bad experience with Godaddy, when they took my domain and asked to pay 500$ for a fake spam reason...

Ron Killian

I've mainly used Directnic, for many years now and have never had a problem. They also have professional phone support. Haven't had the need to look for an alternative.

Only used Godaddy for SSL. And might not even do that any more.

ulterios

ulterios
Yeah, you might want to look elsewhere for those. GoDaddy's prices are crazy high for their SSL's. Of course they do that in part because some of their web hosting services require you to use their SSL's.

They also do it in part because a lot of people just like to buy everything at one place or don't know that you can use third party SSL's, depending on if you are using one of the hosting services that allows that.

EpicGlobalWeb

I heard a lot of good things about GeoTrust but they are kind of pricey too.

hynds

Currently I've been using Godaddy for 6 years, Namecheap for 3 years and Name for 2 years. I think 3 of them are the best now in the domain industry. It's difficult to compare directly among 3 of them, each will have a pros and cons according to each user experience. I think so.

NomanProdhan

From my opinion Godaddy is better then others. Their domain registration services are really reliable

Zack

I had a domain a couple of years ago at name.com and they were good. I had to call their customer support once when I tried to transfer the domain and I thought that they were going to try to push me into staying with them. They didn't and I got the domain transferred without a problem.

I had dealt with godaddy support a few times and they are just overbearing with their upselling.

If I had to recommend one of these I would say to go with name.com.

Web Expert

Hi all,

I heard more about Name.com and I am considering to buy domain there
compare to Godaddy then which is better about supports and secure?

Any suggestions ?
Hi!

It actually depends on the extension and also for which purpose are you using it. If you are using it for resale purpose like i do then alpnames.com whois.com and uniregistry.com are good in this. Price also is a big factor here. So there is not a hardcore choice like which is the best one.

Thanks

cre8ivemedia

I've used name for registering domains and but from my experience Go Daddy is much better in all respect. Name might be cheaper but I would prefer Go Daddy any day.

WildSpirit

Speaking from my own experience, every time I needed Godaddy's services I was extremely pleased with the results (especially when I needed some kind of support). The performance of the services they offer is excellent and it is well worth investing with them if you really need it.

Plus, the prices of the plans (which in fact, can be well diversified... and this is great because customers have more options available to choose) are great and very attractive.

Aditi Barman

Here are some advantages that Godaddy offers -

1) Different pricing options for different types of sites namely - economy, deluxe and ultimate packages.

2) Easy to use.

3) Comparatively cheaper.

4) Have a good security system.

5) Provides quality customer support.

Hope this suggestion will help you.

All the very best!!

BountySite

Talking about security :
GoDaddy acquired security company Sucuri, last year.

Have they integrated the security services for free? Or still offering as a separate service? Anyone?

The interesting fact is that GoDaddy had SiteLock services previously.

spoorti1509

I recommend Godaddy as there service is too good but prices are higher though.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views