Godaddy Vs Name.com ? which is better ?

SiteChef

Godaddy is cheap, but remember you get what you pay for. IF you search for a domain and add it to your cart, but don't buy it for 24 hours - you may find the domain has been purchased - especially if it's short or two real word combinations. There's numerous blog posts on the net showing that either GoDaddy is buying them as an effort to domain squat/resell higher or they're providing/leaking information to someone who's selling/doing it.

qount

I use godaddy ,I can sell or park my domains at godaddy it's very simple,easy.

elcidofaguy

My vote goes for namecheap as a domain registrar with pointing DNS settings to various web hosts such as bluehost, inmotion hosting etc... Obviously for PBNs I separate that out completely...

I also use godaddy for domain auctions as well as domain registrations - but will never use them to host my sites as I personally cannot stand their backend control panel which makes no sense and have wasted endless hours trying to do simple stuff versus what can be done in seconds with cpanel interface lol...

As mentioned my preferred set-up is to separate domain registration from the web host as that makes it really easy to simply point the DNS to another web host provider should you wish to move... Its happened a few times such as when a DDOS attack hits a website on the same server (shared hosting) or just that the web host are under performing with too much downtime and frustration begins to kick in.... With that in mind name.com, namecheap.com and godaddy are good for domain registration - but for hosting I would look else where....

Jovani

My vote goes for namecheap as a domain registrar with pointing DNS settings to various web hosts such as bluehost, inmotion hosting etc... Obviously for PBNs I separate that out completely...
Godaddy has already got this option to point to wherever you want..

I also use godaddy for domain auctions as well as domain registrations - but will never use them to host my sites as I personally cannot stand their backend control panel which makes no sense and have wasted endless hours trying to do simple stuff versus what can be done in seconds with cpanel interface lol...
I heard of godaddy for domain auctions but never used it...agree it's hard to use if you want to transfer your domain to another account or canceling a service...may be needed a support

As mentioned my preferred set-up is to separate domain registration from the web host as that makes it really easy to simply point the DNS to another web host provider should you wish to move... Its happened a few times such as when a DDOS attack hits a website on the same server (shared hosting) or just that the web host are under performing with too much downtime and frustration begins to kick in.... With that in mind name.com, namecheap.com and godaddy are good for domain registration - but for hosting I would look else where....
DDOS attack related to hosting, not domain registrar

I agree with you about web hosting, should not use from these providers they are better for hosting domains instead of hosting your websites on it. I used their hosting but left their service in the past.

vishwa

I personally use Godaddy from past 5 years and never had any problem with them. the prices are very competitive and support is also very Good.

mmninja

Personally, I like Godaddy.com. They've been around forever and are very trusted. The only thing to know about them is to avoid all the extra stuff they try to upsell you. But they are great at notifying you of expiring domains and customer service there is awesome. I don't know anything about Name.com though so I may be biased here.

fjk23

Personally I use godaddy. its easier to get around.

ulterios

I've used GoDaddy more than Name.com over the years. However, now that GoDaddy has made some big internal changes in the company and they have basically done away with renewal discount codes they are more expensive when it comes time to renew by a few bucks+ over Name.com.

GoDaddy is a more recognized registrar though and more people are familiar with them, so that's a plus if you go to sell your domain. Not that Name.com would be bad or anything, just that GoDaddy is so well known.

SrikanthR56

I used to be a Name.com customer earlier but decided to buy my current domain from GoDaddy this year.

Name.com is a bit more professional while dealing with their customers as compared to GoDaddy, especially in After Sales support.

HostPuma

Name.com is superior when it comes to customer support, as well as Namecheap.

tdadkins

I would go with neither! Wordpress is super cheap (i paid 18$) and its good on google. It might not be the best, but lots of big sites use it (grantland uses it) and its easy to use!

ulterios

Wordpress is actually one of the most expensive places to register a domain. They charge $18 for a .com where GoDaddy has $.99 specials all the time and is under $10 when you can't use a discount code. Namecheap is a little over $10 normally but is on special right now for $5.88 and that includes free domain privacy.

All of the domain prices are about double or more than most registrars and if you want private registration that's another $8 at Wordpress so your total for a domain with private registration would be $26.

I am not saying they are bad, but they just have much higher prices than most registrars, up to 5-6 times the cost of other registrars for some extensions. There support relies mostly on forum help/support where most other registrars have phone or live chat support so you can resolve issues quickly within minutes instead of hours of days.

ioZoom

been using namesilo.com lately, no complaints.

ulterios

ulterios
Yeah, they are good as well. I have some domains with them and like their support and prices.

They are another good one that gives good quality support like Namecheap.

UVM

I honestly love godaddy tech support... they all seem to know their stuff and seem like they love their job.

Their backend control panel is also easy to use and understand

I have over 15 domains with them and I am very happy.

However I hated godaddy webhosting, it was slow and alot of downtime.

ulterios

I honestly love godaddy tech support... they all seem to know their stuff and seem like they love their job.
Their tech support has always been good. Their hosting support has been very bad for me. They destroyed one of my sites and I had to completely rebuild it. I got the run around for days at a time when they said they were working on it. Said they would call me and never did. They were very nice and polite, but didn't have a clue as to what they were doing.

Their backend control panel is also easy to use and understand
I completely agree. Their CP is better than most registrars.

I have over 15 domains with them and I am very happy.
I have over 200+ and I am happy with them. I especially like the ease of doing transfers.

However I hated godaddy webhosting, it was slow and alot of downtime.
I had some sites on their hosting till recently and they were uaually fast and had very little downtime. The problem was that they don't give much resources with their shared hosting plans so you run into issues due to that at times.

newsdeals

I would suggest you use Name as because Godaddy charges too much for renew fees.

ulterios

ulterios
Yeah, name.com is usually a few dollars cheper than GoDaddy when it comes to renewals.

There are several others out there that are cheaper than name.com and GoDaddy. Namesilo consistently is among the cheapest registrars to register and renew domains.

GoDaddy does offer much faster domain transfers than name.com. GoDaddy names can be transferred out in less than an hour, where name.com takes 5+ days.

newsdeals

I'm agree that the price at NameSilo are very cheap. I have a few domains at here.

About the control panel of Name.com, here's the demo. It's very simple like others.

Yeah, name.com is usually a few dollars cheper than GoDaddy when it comes to renewals.

There are several others out there that are cheaper than name.com and GoDaddy. Namesilo consistently is among the cheapest registrars to register and renew domains.

GoDaddy does offer much faster domain transfers than name.com. GoDaddy names can be transferred out in less than an hour, where name.com takes 5+ days.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views