Wordpress sites on GoDaddy?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy a few domains to start my wordpress sites. I see GoDaddy offers migration services and it seems a bit cheaper for domains.
I should use their services or there are some alternatives to Godaddy. Your thoughts?

vishwa

I was on Godaddy managed WordPress hosting. There renewal charges are quite high and have lack of features like they don;t provide email addresses, Free SSL certificates and other stuffs as well. That's why I moved to another hosting company. You can register your domains with Godaddy and buy hosting from other sites like siteground, Inmotionhosting etc.

LinkHeros

If you are just talking about domain names, then the only difference between Godaddy and other registrars will be the price.

If you are talking about hosting, then it really depends on what your needs are. Godaddy hosting will be fine for just starting out, but once your site starts getting a lot of traffic you'll want to upgrade to a dedicated server or VPS.

Promytheus

I have heard a lot of negatives comments about Godaddy web hosting on many different forums. I personally have not used them so I don't have any personal experience but I would not recommend them.

shrinkme

I have been using Godaddy fine for Wordpress and domains for a while. Sometimes I feel I know more than their technical services people but other than that things have been going ok.

EzzyTech-Sakib

Purchasing a domain from GoDaddy is pretty good but to be honest, as a hosting company, it's horrible. And I'll never ever suggest you to host your site at GoDaddy. Almost all hosting companies provide free migration. Go to the shared hosting offer section and find the perfect one. All the best.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.