what is Exit Popup and how does it work?

Rodney Olson

I am searching for information about Exit Popup, do you know what it is and how does it work?

Thanks in advance
Rodney

Nytshade

Just like the word says, exit popup. It happens when someone is trying to leave/exit your website then a popup will show on the page they're trying to leave to stop them from exiting the website and offer them a reason to stay.

You can use a popup to send the visitor/traffic to any page on your website or use an optin/signup form. Those are the main 2 reasons for using an exit popup, to collect emails or to send them to another page on your website.

Hope that helps :)

ericplotz1

When I was using pop ups (back when they worked) I was using the Trust Jacker plugin. I wasnt putting popups on my site per se but utilizing other high authority sites to push CPA offers.

Check out the plugin, its pretty sick if you are thinking about doing pop ups, but people don't really go for pop ups anymore, IMHO.

nesito29

Exit pop ups in my opinion aren't as good as they used to be, but they are still reliable, I've tested many different pop ups for list building and in average they get about 5-10% conversion rate and that is because I implemented 3 other email capturing techniques.

Now do they work?
Yeah. In my opinion they do work, e.g. for every 1000 subscribers I get from my blog, about 70 come from the exit pop up, now 70 out of 1000 doesn't seem like much but those are 70 extra subscribers! And extra subscribers are Always good! :)

I hope this helps you and implement it on your site. Ohh! and almost forgot time your exit pop ups so that they appear every say 7 days, that way if someone comes to your site you avoid being spammy.
Nobody likes spam! So.. if you start spamming people you will loose many subscribers.

To your success,
Jonathan N

Alki

Exit pop ups are popups that apear when visitor wants to leave your website/webpage and they are great generators of returned visits, or for gathering e-mails.

immechanic

What they've said is correct, despite the low conversion I still personally used them on my squeeze page. sometimes a subscriber that optins to your exit page makes a difference/ sale

Here's a code that you can use in case you deside to use one:

<script language="javascript">
(function() {
setTimeout(function() {
var __redirect_to = '[EXIT POPUP - REPLACE WITH LINK TO ANOTHER OFFER]';

var _tags = ['button', 'input', 'a'], _els, _i, _i2;
for(_i in _tags) {
_els = document.getElementsByTagName(_tags[_i]);
for(_i2 in _els) {
if((_tags[_i] == 'input' && _els[_i2].type != 'button' && _els[_i2].type != 'submit' && _els[_i2].type != 'image') || _els[_i2].target == '_blank') continue;
_els[_i2].onclick = function() {window.onbeforeunload = function(){};}
}
}

window.onbeforeunload = function() {
setTimeout(function() {
window.onbeforeunload = function() {};
setTimeout(function() {
document.location.href = __redirect_to;
}, 500);
},5);
return '*** W A I T B E F O R E Y O U G O ! ***\n\n CLICK THE *Stay on this Page* BUTTON OR THE *CANCEL* BUTTON RIGHT NOW \n\nHAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL FOR YOU';
}
}, 500);
})();
</script>
Paste this just before the </body> tag on your page.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.