Do you trust hosting reviews websites?

fords8

I don't take what the reviews say to heart. I do read them and use the information to a point. One person's view may not be the same as the next.

soladrive

In most cases, don't trust them.

if you are going to depend on such reviews, then a hosting review website that allows people to post their experience using the company they are reviewing is the ideal way to go as it gives you an integrative view of the hosting company from the reviewing site and from actual customer's experiences.

Since some shady hosting companies are getting smarter by the day, it is advisable you look out for average to bad reviews first i.e. 3-star reviews to 1-star reviews before checking out excellent reviews that might have been posted by a paid reviewer.

realquickoffers

I wouldn't trust them simply because most of them (if not all) are affiliates, so they'll say anything to make sure they get that commission. That's the main reason I would never trust hosting reviews.

robert4u

Its true many web hosting companies pay for fake reviews, but in my experience positive experience is either paid or forced by company while negative reviews are the real one. So check if there are too many negative rules avoid such hosting, ignore the positive reviews.

CanSpace

It depends, but the best option by far is to simply pick a host and test out its service. Especially if you're just starting out and do not have a lot of traffic. Whenever possible, check the forums and other places for reviews (on social media profiles, etc.). Also, whenever possible, pick local hosts as using them could save you money in a long run.

jakeis

In general, i don't trust all review websites, as most of them are affiliates. But, there are sites which require the person who is writing the review, to add their email (for example you @ mydomain .com) and they seem more trustworthy to me.

Talaa

I don't trust them, because most of them are affiliates, or most articles are the paid reviews. You can look for some web hosting forums and ask the true users of the web hosting service.

BenSupportSages

Most of the hosting review sites are not genuine. They are rating the hosting providers, according to the commission they are receiving.

maidashahidhh

I totally agree with you most of the reviews are not real land are fabricated. so it's preferable to go to every possible site and go for a trial.

shiju

I wouldn't because, unless you feel the service you can not guarantee the hosting provider. The reviews are included affiliate links and some of them are reviewing genuinely. But still, we can not predict them they are genuinely posting these reviews. The affiliates are supporting all the products they endorse with or without using it. You could create a poll on social media groups so that you can get genuine user experience and ask the online community where no spamming comes. Or if you have time, hosting providers can give you free accounts for writing reviews or checking their features before buying them. Google always shows the search results with some of the parameters in which the affiliates and advertisers will be number one while on the search.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views