What is the difference between digital marketing and internet marketing?

rainmaker11

What is the difference between digital marketing and internet marketing, what is the latest trend in the industry and how do big companies choose marketing strategies for their companies? Does it require more budget to do marketing?

digital-marketing-vs-internet-marketing.jpg

I have read an article and from their explaining image, seem digital marketing is a broad term and included internet marketing?

Ron Killian

I think of them being the same thing. But I am not an marketing expert. Though you have to wonder if it's a new or latest buzz word. That internet marketing now sounds old and boring and digital marketing sounds so new and exciting?

Or a slightly different segment.

If you look at the top part of the image, most of that is still internet marketing. Where else would you advertising digitally? Maybe television. But much of television is internet based too, no?

But again, what doesn't have internet connectivity these days? For what does, it could still be considered internet marketing.

I don't understand the big difference. Maybe some one else can shed some light. :)

EpicGlobalWeb

Digital marketing may encompass all of internet marketing but with additional form factors. For instance, you can market or premarket existing customers with apps. You can do this also with the incorporation of emerging digital markets.

For instance, if you had developed a competing marketplace for cell phone apps, you could tailor it for marketing purposes.

With the Emergence of new surface devices you may find that advertisements will begin to show up in other forms like car computers, digital mirrors, game consoles and similar.

So they are similar but digital marketing is much more broad than standard internet marketing.

Hawker

I don't know why they don't consider Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Banner Advertising as Digital Marketing because all of those things are digital as is the whole Internet. They do say there that Internet Marketing is Digital Marketing which makes sense. But Digital Marketing doesn't mean the whole Internet and in this case here it's meant to mean digital TV/radio but I guess they have categorized the Internet as Digital here too.

Unless as Epic has suggested, by digital, they are referring to new surface devices, tablets, smartphones etc. Or any computer with a screen.

Where is this article you read of theirs rainmaker? Might help to make a bit more sense of it.

Internet Marketing Vs Digital Marketing?

It's all just a bunch of 0's and 1`s if you ask me!

EpicGlobalWeb

I wouldn't say it's totally dependent on internet, actually. But good point, show us the article.

It's all just a bunch of 0's and 1`s if you ask me!
0's & 1's turn into dollars and cents :D

Wait until Microsoft's Hololense becomes more mainstream. It will be a great opportunity for marketers by pre-positioning yourself.

vaughn

Digital marketing is performed through all the channels of digital media to communicate with the customers. Digital media may include marketing via television, radio, sms text messages, mobile phones, podcasts and tablets.

Internet marketing is done via real-time live internet connection. Internet marketing is a subset of digital marketing. It focusses on leveraging the viral nature of the internet to advertise and spread awareness about a product/service. The various ways of internet marketing includes SEO, SEM, SMM, email marketing, blogs and affialiate marketing. It delivers more traffic and increases brand promotion.

CyberAlchemist

CyberAlchemist
Exactly and I agree with these exact explanations about the difference between digital marketing and internet marketing.

Just curious, what do you prefer if you are an online internet marketer, we should go internet marketing or digital marketing?

I feel it's too broad if choosing digital marketing to promote brand or products on the internet.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.