How did you earn your first dollar online?

davebusiness86s

First $5 I earned was from dropshipping lol
Don't remember how I managed to do that. Dropship on ebay is extremely hard for beginners. And I got the sell after 2 days listed it on ebay

RenderedElite

I learned Photoshop when I was 16 and started selling graphic design services when I was 17, getting most of my clients from MySpace and other niche communities. After that, I started getting Adsense checks because I started a website a year later..

tony2017

My 2nd Sale Was Harder Then The 1st

I made my 1st dollar online as an affiliate. My 1st sale took so much work and the 2nd sale was even harder. Since then i found better ways for making money online but it was a long learning curve.

Jen

My first online earnings came from selling things on Ebay many years ago. I had a family friend that was doing that and he showed me how to sell things on there which started with some of my own things but then I started doing drop shipping.

I did that for a few years for extra money but then the Ebay market started getting flooded with foreign sellers that were selling the same exact items I was selling for way less than I even paid for the items for I was forced to stop selling.

I still sell some things on Ebay from time to time but it's nothing regular.

VictorWelfred

I started by making money on Youtube, at first everything was very difficult because I lack a lot of video editing tools, but eventually things changed, but the important is that you are passionate about and pursue to the end.

adamhighfill

I made my first dollar "online" by figuring out how to provide a service to people within my current network.

I was building a blog for years and didn't make a single dime. But I finally decided I could provide a valuable service to people around me: Marketing coaching for churches (much of my network is connected there).

Before I even had a website completely setup or even a business legally formed I already had my first 3 clients and earned $4,200 in 3 months.

Amateurs will tell you to set everything up first (website, social media, build a product, etc), but the online business pros would tell you to verify your idea by SELLING before you make any big investments or time or money.

Hope that helps!

AdrianneG

I unwittingly made my first bucks in the High-Yield-Investing-Program industry.
Of course, I didn't know that this type of scheme was illegal. I might ad, I was
making a killing. $Cha-ching$. Then the SEC stepped in and shut it all down.
I didn't lose anything because I had been doing it for awhile and was playing
with pure profit. Nevertheless, I educated myself real fast and have been legit
ever since.

Keeper9037

I made my first few dollars on the internet back in my university days. I have a knack for languages so I signed up on a freelance work site and translated an ancient Chinese poem along with the poet's biography into English for an American guy. I received 20 dollars for my work but since then I haven't done anything on that site.

wallet

Hi, I made my first dollar from a PTC site that you all know as NEOBUX, that is how i started. I was new in this,and after a while i noticed that PTC sites was a waste of time so I tried Adsense, and socializing sites, question and answering sites, listen radio or music sites and my earnings started do grow day by day.

TopHatSEO

Amazon associates program. Then consulting where I made a lot more.

Xperienced

I remember a friend telling me about how to make money from PTC sites and filling surveys. Enthusiastically I jumped into surveys. I registered with a handful of sites offering the service then. Unfortunately I got discouraged. I never got to the lower limit to withdraw in all the sites I registered with.I was discouraged because the pay was terribly small. I ventured in ponzi scheme and also never made profit.If I may say,I earned my first dollar online from fiverr. It was a great day for me when the cash landed in my account. I'm still earning with fiverr, but not consistently.I hope to learn more skills to increase my chances.

fishmonk

I made my first dollar online by selling some MMORPG game account.
Back then, I was a university student who was always playing MMORPG games.
I remembered playing a game published by Perfect World from Open Beta.
My account was ranked Top 50. I sold the account as I had to focus on my final year of studies.
It was a bittersweet feeling as I really missed my guild members.

tim_cloudcone

It was from freelancer.com and about 5 years ago.

I entered one of my logo designs for a contest and won. I didn't know what I was doing back then. I had made the logo in Photoshop. But the client wanted a vector logo. So I had to re do it after I was selected.

Pink_Turtle

I start selling Bracelets and rings in facebook, I didnt make "dollars" but I make my national coin... Then I start using Humanatic and stick to it for a while so that be my first dollar maker plataform. Then I try with some surveys but as the person before me said, I found them a waste of time!. Hope this works for you too!

Derk789

The first dollar I made online was by botting on World Of Warcraft, I would let the bot do repetitive grinding tasks to get gold, and I sold that gold to other players.

shilpa

Well, I started of by doing online surveys. These were readily available, needed no more effort and time. The companies that I worked for had been in the business for a very long time, so it was a good thing to join them. Also registration was free. I saved on shoppings, earned vouchers and a few bucks during my first week.

JonathanS

Good question! I started becoming interested in the idea of making any sort of possible money from the online world around late 2015. In the beginning of 2016, I decided to start researching the easiest methods without any skill. Of course, the common choices came up of surveys, micro jobs, and PTC's. I first went with surveys because I felt they were easiest. This, however, wasn't the case. I then switched around to micro jobs as well as PTC's.

But to answer your question, my first dollar was from a survey company. $6.25 to be exact. It took a while to build that up too due to not many surveys available. In fact, I was beginning to think it was impossible (or at last out of my reach). But getting that $6.25 was like tapping for days and finally getting a drip of oil. Refreshing enough to make you keep going in the pursuit of generating a passive income online.

After my initial first earnings. I realized it was better to invest time into a skill/service that I could professionally freelance in my spare time. This is when I got into content writing primarily, along with internet marketing to help monetize the content I write. By the 3rd month, I was clearing $30 a month just from basic freelancing which felt pretty good. Personally, micro jobs and PTC's are not worth my time nor energy. Too little of earnings to really make a difference. The one thing I always tell people is that it's best to invest your time into a skill like content writing or internet marketing. A higher quality skill = higher quality payout. Simple as that.

manmad

If I'm not mistaken, because that was a long time ago, it was most likely selling some items on steam or on some PPC sites, Steam is actually a great platform to earn some fast cash, however you can't easily move it to PayPal or another internet wallet. PPC sites were also quite easy, however they required time and not all of them payed, but if you worked on the most popular sites then you wouldn't have a problem, so it's most likely one of these methods.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.