How to work abroad as a Digital Marketer?

sriramon

Hi,

Am Sriram from India. Having 3 years experience in Digital Marketing. I would like to work abroad as a Digital Marketer. Will pursuing MBA or some other degree can help me achieve my dream? Else, what should I do to increase my chances?

Thanks in advance,
Sriram K

Developer

Having an MBA, or ANY other degree for that matter, is only as good as the person holding it. What you NEED to do is just get out there and 'Get Er Done, Son'...

Seriously, you do NOT NEED any other form of training other than EXPERIENCE. If you want something bad enough, then you should be willing to do anything you need to do, including the old "Try and Try Again" adage.

Get out there and do some research to see what IS working for your precise market/niche. Once you have that knowledge USE IT until it doesn't work anymore. Once it stops working, do some more research to see what is working then and USE IT until it doesn't work anymore. Once it stops working, do some more research to see what is working then and USE IT until it doesn't work anymore. Once it stops working, do some more research to see what is working then and USE IT until it doesn't work anymore. Once it stops working, do some more research to see what is working then and USE IT... get the point?

I would love to be able to give you a more detailed and informative response, but your question was very general in nature, so, unless you provide more details, my advice is (and will continue to be)... just get out there, get started and see what works for YOU... No one else, and no degree, can EVER dictate your success... Hard work, determination and self-discipline can AND WILL...

SEOPub

SEOPub
I am sorry, but this is really bad advice. Probably would workout okay for him/her, but god help his/her clients. It's one of the reasons so many marketers and SEOs get a bad rap.

You do not use something until it doesn't work anymore when PEOPLE ARE PAYING YOU FOR YOUR SERVICES AND EXPERTISE. Churn and burn is fine for your own personal projects, but you should not be doing anything like that for people that are paying you money.

To the OP, learn what works. Test and experiment with things. Do all of that ON YOUR OWN SITES. Don't even think about messing with client sites to test things out and to "gain experience". You can do a lot more harm than good.

TellMeAboutIt

I concur: experience is what will land you jobs. If you really want to buff up your resume with certifications, look for free ones. They're often indistinguishable from the paid ones in the eyes of your employer. Rapid Business Lessons has a decent free course available that certain Canadian employers recognize, but I'm not sure which market you're eyeing.

As far as hiring platforms, that's easy. Use UpWork or something similar. Start bidding on jobs. Make it happen.

I'm not sure what your current experience level is, so it's hard to recommend first steps. However, getting a degree is actually not the best option for most people.

Developer

Hey SEOPub, you are absolutely correct, perhaps I should have explained a bit better. I was simply referring to tactics. As a digital marketer, you have to stay current with trends, ahead of them is even better, of course, but current at the absolute least.

What I meant is that you have to do and perform within the scopes of what is current. When that no longer is a viable trend, you must find out and adapt to it and use that to continue helping your clients and the yourself.

I am not saying you should be leaving anyone high and dry, that just doesn't make sense, and as you said, you would just cause more harm than good and ultimately yourself and your business.

My whole point was that as a digital marketer, you have to find something that works and then continue adapting to it as it expands for the better good of your clients and your business...

I apologize for any confusion. I think I just got wrapped up in the whole "repeat" process in my post and ended up finishing my post early without further elaboration, lol.

Thanks for your post SEOPub.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.