Apache or Ngix for Plesk onyx?

Dopani

I have a small server and running Plesk onyx, I have set Apache as web server for this hosting control panel but I heard someone said that, Ngix web server is better for Plesk, is that true and why?

Dreamwebhosts

NGINX is about 2.5 times faster than Apache based on the results of a benchmark test running up to 1,000 concurrent connections. Clearly, NGINX serves static content much faster than Apache. So, for the Plesk panel, NGINX is better.

anindahosting

Hi,

If you are using Wordpress, I would definitely recommend using Nginx.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I have a small server and running Plesk onyx, I have set Apache as web server for this hosting control panel but I heard someone said that, Ngix web server is better for Plesk, is that true and why?
Both Apache and Nginx are popular web servers and can be used with Plesk. However, there are some differences between the two that can make one a better fit for certain use cases than the other.

Here are some reasons why someone might choose to use Nginx instead of Apache with Plesk:

Performance: Nginx is known for its high performance and low memory usage. It is designed to handle a large number of concurrent connections and is often used as a reverse proxy or load balancer in front of Apache. This can result in faster page load times and better overall performance for websites hosted on Plesk.

To take advantage of Nginx's high performance, you can set it up as a reverse proxy in front of Apache in Plesk. This can be done by configuring Nginx as a proxy server and configuring Apache to serve dynamic content. By doing this, Nginx will handle the static content, while Apache will handle the dynamic content. This can result in faster page load times and better overall performance for websites hosted on Plesk.

Security: Nginx has a reputation for being more secure than Apache. It has a smaller attack surface and is less vulnerable to certain types of attacks, such as distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.

To improve security, you can configure Nginx to use SSL/TLS encryption and implement security best practices, such as disabling unnecessary modules and limiting access to sensitive files. You should also keep Nginx up to date with the latest security patches and updates.

Caching: Nginx has built-in caching capabilities that can help speed up website performance. It can cache both static and dynamic content, reducing the load on the backend server and improving page load times.

To take advantage of Nginx's built-in caching capabilities, you can configure caching for both static and dynamic content on your website. This can be done by configuring the appropriate caching headers and settings in Nginx. Additionally, you can use third-party caching solutions, such as Varnish, in conjunction with Nginx to further improve caching and website performance.

Easy configuration: Nginx's configuration file syntax is simpler and easier to understand than Apache's, making it easier to configure and customize.

Nginx's configuration file is typically located at /etc/nginx/nginx.conf. To configure Nginx for Plesk, you would need to modify this file to specify the appropriate settings.

Here are some basic configuration steps:
  • Back up the original nginx.conf file before making any changes.
  • Open the nginx.conf file in a text editor.
  • Find the http block and make any necessary changes to the settings. For example, you may want to adjust the worker_processes setting to match the number of CPU cores on your server.
  • Find the server block and add any necessary server settings. This is where you would specify things like the server name, document root, and SSL certificate.
  • Save the nginx.conf file and restart Nginx for the changes to take effect.
You can test your configuration changes using the nginx -t command, which checks the syntax of the configuration file without actually restarting the server. Once you're confident that your configuration is correct, you can restart Nginx using the appropriate command for your system, such as service nginx restart or systemctl restart nginx.

That being said, Apache is still a popular choice for web servers and has its own strengths, such as a wide range of modules and plugins available. Ultimately, the choice between Apache and Nginx will depend on your specific needs and preferences.

Daniel@30

Both Apache and Nginx are popular web server options for hosting websites, and the choice between them for Plesk Onyx depends on your specific needs and requirements. Here are some factors to consider:
  • Performance
  • Flexibility
  • Compatibility
  • Ease of Use
In Plesk Onyx, both Apache and Nginx can be used as web servers, and you can even configure them to work together in a reverse proxy setup, where Nginx acts as a frontend proxy server and Apache handles the backend processing.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.