does wp really need a focus keyphrase?

Traffic

I assume it all counts towards seo but also assume that your wp plugin seo tools will have believe that you must have it to get a higher score whilst equally promoting their tool my question. Are most wp sites indexed without it? I messed with some code in functions to make title keywords but was looking to bulk edit and know how in db but is it even worth bothering for seo.

hipcat

I've used the SEO tools, but also ranked sites without them, so I don't believe they are needed. Maybe for complete noobs as a simple "plug & play" solution, but if you have a good grasp of your own content and on-page SEO, then you should be fine without WP "hand holding"

Traffic

I ended up mucking around for a whole day with it well worked out how to get a high score 80% and how to do it with almost empty post with 100% score and all doesn't matter as seo only works with a site map and zero nonsense content and use nothing with similar content including templates.

johanbehl

The focus keyword is the keyword you want to rank for in the search engines. This is an important part of WordPress SEO best practices, and every website owner should implement it in their content creation process.

Booker

For WP itself it is indifferent, but this way you can assess how best to optimize your content for the keyword phrase. Yoast allows you to check this, because it gives you hints on what you need to improve. Use it more as a tool than as a promotional tool ;)

harrygreen90

Yes, many WordPress sites are indexed by search engines without the use of SEO plugins. However, using an SEO plugin can help you optimize your website for search engines, which can increase your visibility and ranking.

The importance of optimizing your site for search engines depends on several factors, including your target audience, your competition, and the keywords you're targeting. In general, it's a good idea to use an SEO plugin to help you streamline your optimization efforts and ensure that your site is optimized for search engines.

Editing your website's code, including the title tags and meta descriptions, can help improve your site's search engine optimization, but it's important to be cautious and avoid making any changes that could negatively affect your site's performance.

In summary, using an SEO plugin can be beneficial for your WordPress site's search engine optimization, but it's not necessary for your site to be indexed. It's a good idea to use a plugin to help you optimize your site, but it's also important to be careful when making any changes to your site's code.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.