Difference between Shared, VPS and Dedicated hosting?

DavidLux

Hi there,

Any webhosting experts here can show me what is difference between Shared, VPS and Dedicated hosting?
As I knew then Vps hosting is more powerful than shared webhosting but why ? and what about dedicated hosting ?

Plz share me any tips or suggestions. thanks

Flag

What do you exactly need?
Share your requirements please. This info is necessary to advise you right things.

2funhosting

Reseller hosting - By which you can use many sites under one hosting.

Share hosting - 1 hosting 1 site

DavidLux

DavidLux
Can you show me in detail what is difference between Shared hosting and VPS hosting?
if possible, compare with dedicated hosting.
I'm using shared hosting and I think that I will upgrade to vps hosting in future but I don't know advantages of VPS hosting. Just want to hear experiences from hosting experts here

RH-Calvin

In simple terms:
Shared Hosting - You rent a house on a sharing
VPS Hosting - You rent a house alone
Dedicated Hosting - You own the house

If you are a starter and short of money then you can start with a shared hosting. But if you require to work independently with your own servers then you need to buy a VPS Hosting. Above all, if you require greater security and data storage then you need Dedicated Hosting.

JoeHamilton

Shared website hosting is just a place where all the resources are shared among some other sites, being located on the same server room. In VPS hosting where you're given a space which will be not shared, however, you are in charge of maintenance of the assets offered to you. In Dedicated hosting, all of the resources and the entire server are dedicated to your internet website only.

CharlesByrd

Shared Hosting :
Shared Hosting includes Cheap Hosting Plans and Business Class Hosting Plans. In shared hosting, all sites must share the available resources with all the other accounts on the server - such as CPU time, memory, and disk space.

VPS Hosting :
On a VPS, you are allotted resources that are not shared by everyone. The over all CPU time and memory are shared across all accounts on the system, but at the same time portions of those resources are always dedicated to each account. This allows for more power and flexibility than being on a shared account.

Dedicated Hosting :
Dedicated Hosting includes an Essential, Advanced, and Elite Dedicated Server Hosting. You have access to all resources available on the system. No one else's account resides on the system and would not be capable of tapping into your resources. Inshort you have given Root Root access directly to the server.

preetihospital

I have used only shared hosting for my urology hospital website, but have heard that dedicated and VPS hostings are need to make your big websites load faster.

CharlesByrd

@PreetiHospital - Yes ma'm you heard right, Dedicated & VPS hosting are more powerful, have Unlimited Bandwidth, Disk Space, there uptime is almost 100% with out any doubt. As you have used Shared Hosting, I don't need to say anything about that as they are good but far different than VPS and Dedicated Hosting Plans. They costs higher than Shared Hosting but definitely they never lag.
If you are looking forward to host your website with VPS or Dedicated Web Hosting plan, I would like to suggest you to go with some reputed web hosting companies, If your budget is not up to the mark then you can go with some other Cheap VPS or Dedicated hosting Companies they are good at their service as well. There are some of the companies which provides you cheap VPS and Dedicated Hosting Services, Godaddy,iPage,Hostgetor,Hostmonster,Waxspace,Liqui dweb,Bluehost,Rackspace,Byethost...

Last edited:

prolimehost

Dedicated hosting is where you have special dedicated servers which can be customized (hardware and software) and where you can store and host your websites with full access.

Shared Hosting is where your website is hosted with a provided space partition in the main server which will be shared with other websites depending upon the plan which you are using.

Virtual Private Server is between Dedicated Hosting and Shared Hosting. In this you have option to choose your own software and other customization like dedicated hosting but you will have only a partition space of the dedicated server and not the whole. It can provide your site with good control and bandwidth and cost less as compared to a dedicated server.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.