Does Matt Cutts always Say Right?

Dmoz

Hi there,

As all of us knew that Google would not want to reveal what algorithm or their works in search engine optimization. But, with Matt Cutts, he currently is working for the Webspam team at Google and he showed very more tips and new SEO news from google. Does Matt Cutts always say right or lie?
what do you think about that and we should follow his tips?

Inquestor

Personally, It is all just a big game for Google, and they enjoy making us webmasters live on the edge, not knowing what is coming next.

If you were to go through all the videos Mat Cutts has made and analyze them, you would realize a lot of what he has said then contradicts now and vise versa.

All in all, he plays the game he is paid to do.

BloodMaster

Not every time. But when we talk about Google than no body said what Google do next. We all just assume about his action. Google is a big Labyrinth nobody understand it.

Ric

All the tings that Matt Cutts share are true or false, we can decide after following that things. If the result is positive then he is right or if it has negative result its mean the algorithm or suggestion is false/wrong

karmadir

Matt Cutts give hints what google algorithm update would be about, you have to listen two or 3 times before getting clear message.

More than Matt Cutts, I rely on Seo Forums and internet research for understanding Google changes

Divya_Rai

No one knows the truth about algorithm except Matt Cutts, If he lies something about his algorithm he might have reason to hide the truth.

Rodney Olson

Doesn't matter that he says right or wrong but we need to follow him, because he is the one who knows about those algorithms, so we have to believe on him. Otherwise lots of time I found that there is no reality behind his words, he was just doing what he paid for.

SharryDonald

I don't think so and why he should have to be. He is at such a place where he cannot say everything in a right way. But if you will hear him carefully then you will find that most of the time he is indirectly telling you the right thing but you need to understand what he actually wants to say.

pcyownsme

Hmm i dont think he is telling lies but of course the final point is , guys dont do SEO and buy adwords. :yourock:

James Berrier

He might not be saying true all the time directly, but if you will hear him clearly then you will find that he never lied. He just tries to say the actual fact indirectly and we need to understand that.

Joseph_Hill

No he is not always right. I can give you an example.
He has tweeted previously that there will not be more page rank update this year, he was wrong because yesterday Google has updated the PR.

Erik Bustamante

No, he is not always right, but then also we have to believe him, as he is the only one who lets us know about the updates of Google.

JoeHamilton

Hmm! Difficult question. I think that he just plays his part as a head of the webspam team at Google. Whatever he says is the what he needs to in this post.

Tashiads

No he never say the truth..he just want to make people confuse and thus making seo confusing for most of people..earlier he has said that if there is any PR update, he will be surprised, but Google has updated PR..no relation between what they say and what they do..

Pragyan

May he say the truth, but rarely..Just a hints in his saying and not conclusions..

kevinwilliam145

I admired Matt Cutts a lot when I was a novice in SEO sector, but later I realized that most of his sayings have no worth at all.

FortunateBread

As Matt Cutts is a human being so I don't say that he is always right because we are here to make mistakes and learn from these mistakes.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies