DirectAdmin vs cPanel?

Jovani

Hello,

Can I know your opinion on DirectAdmin and cPanel?
What do you prefer? and why?
I like cPanel and using it on a shared hosting but considering Directadmin for my VPS because its price is cheaper than cPanel :)

what about you? any share

gotkloud

Hey Jovani,

We feel that CPanel is a better platform overall and has more options that our customers love.

gotkloud

If you are running a VPS and budget/resources are constrained then DirectAdmin can work okay. But I think for ease of use, at that point even a shared or cloud hosting account with cPanel would be superior to use. What are you hosting on the VPS, out of curiosity?

Jovani

Jovani
Hosting some websites on it. Last month I tried VPS (1GB ram, 1Ghz CPU..) from DO but honestly, when I uploaded a real site for testing but first website loading is not good as my expectations thus now I am trying with 1 another VPS. Its speed is improved and RAM increased...still testing...
Have just bought 1 month Directadmin control panel ($29) and checking on this control panel. Hope it's good for me :)

gotkloud

Cloud hosting is generally based on hosting infrastructure that is designed to scale easily. This means that your website can more easily expand, and that the hosting company can easily expand the resources assigned to your website to take advantage of additional hardware. This provides greater flexibility, and generally better reliability and performance.

ChadTrejo

DirectAdmin and cPanel are different as well as similar too. Both provide server configuration with framework and UI, But DirectAdmin leave some work in root shell and cPanel provides all the configuration and functionality in UI. This makes it easier to use. It is also available on free of cost.

BlaZe

cPanel is my personal choice. I like it just because I'm used to it from many years.

I have used DirectAdmin too and tbh, if you know your way around Linux, their is no control panel needed ;)

bestellen

We're both a DirectAdmin and cPanel partner but the vote definitely goes to cPanel. It attracts more users which equals more sale. It's functionality is much better... It's just all around better.

The one area which Direct Admin beats cPanel in is pricing. If you're a cPanel partner just starting out - I believe that's 35.00 per license (it get's much more affordable with more licenses) Whereas Direct Admin starts off @ 18.00. So, if price is a determining factor then I'd recommend Direct Admin.

whsd

I prefer cpanel because of easy option and have better experience on cpanel then webadmin access.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.