5 Hints To Selecting The Right Web Hosting Provider

aemathenge

At some point in your online ventures, you will require a web hosting provider. As you consider the right one to go for, whether VPS or dedicated servers or shared web hosting, it would be advisable to consider the following suggestions:

Good standing

Finding a reputable web hosting firm is a challenge for there are numerous ventures out there starting and falling. Many are the so called “basement” or “family garage” ventures that often fail and could take your valuable data and hard work down with them.

Look for a firm that has many positive reviews in forums and which has been around for a long time.

Reliable Server

Your prospective web hosting firm should guarantee you 99% uptime or higher. It should also provide a tract record on this. Lower uptime means lower search engine ranking, lower traffic and fewer customers.

Speed

A fast site is a necessity to remain on top of the competition. Your new web host should support any traffic load your site demands and also give you superior response time to enable you engage with your customers.

Cost

Naturally, your budget shall be a major determining factor of the web host. Competition among web hosts gives you goods specs, service and support at fantastic prices. For shared hosting, your budget should range between 5 and10$ a month; 20-70$ for VPS a month; and dedicated servers going for 90 to 200$ per month.

Customer care

Fast response to your website hiccups round the clock is crucial. Technical support whenever you need it from people who understand your problem is an essential part of your prospective web host.

Suggestions

I suggest you choose from one of the web hosting providers in the following sections:

Shared Hosting Offers
Reseller Hosting Offers
VPS Hosting Offers

And for the stronger ones:

Dedicated Hosting Offers

For big websites with much more traffic, those are the places to start looking. They have been mentioned positively in forums.

Please let us know your preferable web-hosts and your reasons for choosing them.
 

Last edited:

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Good article @aemathenge
To be honest, I selected a VPS hosting provider on this forum and using it now in months. I like all your factors mentioned in your post but for me, I consider Speed and Customer care..as the most important points to select with a hosting provider.

just my 2 cents :)

astutium

For shared hosting, your budget should range between 5 and10$ a month;
20-70$ for VPS a month;
and dedicated servers going for 90 to 200$ per month.
Without knowing the requirements of the user/site it's impossible to provide remotely accurate 'pricing' it's quite possible that it could be in the tens-of-thousands per month !

aemathenge

aemathenge
Interesting perspective you bring out @Astutium.

Please give us an idea of how to determine the "pricing" of hosting so that it could come to $10,000 per month.

One of our own members, Fawad Malik has kindly provided a blog for us to review. How much per month do you think he could be paying for [URLnf=http://www.nogentech.org]http://www.nogentech.org[/URLnf] ?

ElixantTechnology

@Astutium I agree with @aemathenge on this one. Jumping up into the tens of thousands of dollars range is putting yourself at a level of being an established service provider. As an example, our current expenses exceed the aforementioned $10,000 but we can proudly say not one individual website we have ever serviced has seen such prices.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.