How to Upload Files to an Ftp Server

Rodney Olson

I would like to know how how to upload files to an Ftp server, I want to upload my first wordpress blog site to a new web host that I will buy soon?

Thanks in advance!
Rodney

Ricardo

Hi Rodney,

Hope you will have your first blog soon...In this post I want to explain the basics of FTP and FileZila, an essential place and modify files in your website tool.

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, in simple words, a means of transportation to get files from your computer to a designated space on your hosting.

Step 1/ The application you need to connect via FTP is FileZila, which you can download for free [URLnf="https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client"]here[/URLnf]. When you installed the application on your PC.

Step 2/ Go to your cPanel hosting account and enter FTP Accounts. Usually FTP user accounts end with the main domain with which you opened your hosting account. That does not mean you can not connect to the other sites if you have housed more than one. That same FTP user can manage all you want if you give access to public_html.

Step 3/ Once the user is created, open FileZilla. Click on File >> Site Manager site and click on New Site. In Host Name, put your main site about the termination of that site. In Logon Type: normal and filling login and password fields with the data you had. Depending on your hosting plan you can create as many FTP users you want.

Important fact: for security, if for example you need the help of a web developer to resolve any issue of your page, it is highly recommended that you create a user with restricted access to only what interests you show, not all your content .

When the path that a user is /public_html means you can enter all the content. If instead you specify some of the folders of our sites, because that and only that where you have access.

Hope it helps!

hostguy

Its easy to use FTP client to upload files. we can also upload large files via FTP account, but it depends on your hosting providers limit.

1) Open FileZilla
2) At the top left of FileZilla, select File > Site Manager
3) Within the site manager, enter in the following:
Host: Your account IP address or yourdomainname.com
User: cpanel username or ftp username
Pass: cpanel or ftp password
4) There is a dropdown labeled “Encryption”. Select “Only Use Plain FTP (insecure)”.
5) Press “Connect”

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.