How To Install WordPress Manually in 7 Easy Steps

Ricardo

In these simple steps I will explain how to install WordPress manually on your web hosting server.

Step 1/ Enter wordpress.org to download latest wordpress package (The difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com I will explain it in another thread). Once inside you will see a blue button that says "Download WordPress 4.1.1". By clicking download!. Automatically you will download the .zip with the latest version of WordPress.

Step 2/ Go to your cPanel Hosting and click "MySQL Databases" to create a database. Create a MySQL user with a password. Now add that user to the database you created.

Step 3/ Go to folder contain config file and to know the Host databases on your server. That information getting into the top left corner. It is almost always "localhost", but it is still good that you check to keep you safe and not waste time. Then open the .zip file and complete WordPress anywhere extract it and open the wp-config-sample.php file and change it to wp-config.php. I have Dreamweaver, but you can use any web editor or even notepad or notepad++.

Step 4/ Once opened wp-config.php and modify informatin as following:
DB-NAME: here are going to put the name of the database you created.
DB-USER: this refers to the user you added to the base data.
DB PASSWORD: the key to your user.
DB-HOST: fill with localhost. this is common thing that web hosting is using.
Step 5/ You open the FTP application and connect to your host. If you do not know how this app works you can check this post How to Upload Files to an Ftp Server
Once the connection is established with your server, you select all files and spears inside the folder.

Step 6/ When you finish uploading the files to go to the URL of your page, where you are greeted by WordPress displayed. You'll ask for a name for the site you are creating and also a username and password to login to the desktop. The e-mail is important because if you get to lose the password, because there reach you instructions to place a new one.

Step 7/ You click on "Install" and finish the installation and now you have WordPress on your domain.

Hope that helps!

hostbrink

Wonderful information, I would like to add that if you don't want to edit wp-config file, just create database, upload wordpress files and open the address in browser... you will get welcome page and than on next page ... specific fields will be shown in a simple interface to enter database name, database user, user password, localhost and last tablet prefix ... it is always recommended to change table prefix to something other than wp_ ... enter all the information and click next ... it will edit wp-config.php file automatically ...

ElixantTechnology

Another option, as a lot of hosting providers offer, you can easily and automatically install Wordpress with only a few clicks through cPanel using Softaculous or Fantastico.

MikePNV

Very nice tutorial here. thanks for the easy simple steps. I am sure that it will help some out greatly.

chrisparker

Now most of the hosting providers offers the free and single click installer named softacolous and fantastico. These installers have the huge auto installer script library where more than 300+ preinstalled scripts available and clients can install them in single click by choosing the directory only.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.