Should I buy a long domain name or not ?

DavidLux

hi everyone,

and which advantages if I own short domain name ?

Thank in advance!

aixporter

A long domain name has no disadvantages over a short one in such that it won't affect your search engine rankings in any way. In fact, if you have 3 keywords in your domain name, ex. www.moviesbooksgames.com vs. movies.com you'll have a higher chance of your domain being ranking higher than others when searching the 3 keywords.

Now on the other hand, obviously a longer domain name will make it more difficult to remember than a shorter name.

purnima

Compare to long domain name, short domain names are easy to remember. So people can remember it easily. This is the major difference between long and short domain name.

Linksdepth

Hi there

yes of course you can buy a long domain name. but if you are going to buy a domain it means that you are going to show or provide or what ever. And you are going share your brand right.. so if your are going to share your brand then you should choose a brand name also and your domain name will be your brand name. so try to buy a small domain name . it will give be benefit for your site's rank increasing, and much more..

Thanks

rainbow

hi everyone,

and which advantages if I own short domain name ?

Thank in advance!
I would suggest you to buy a short domain name instead of long domain name. The advantages of the short domain name is as follows:

1. Easy to remember
2. It helps to attract the website visitors because, short names are quick to type.
3. Most of the loyal users like short domains.

The domain extensions are the most essential source for the domain name.

hybridservers

I liked Parson's from godaddy.com example about domain names: AlsCzechoslovakianmotorbikes.com. How to remember it? Domain name must be easy to remember and easy to spell.

hoangvu

if it's a keyword long tail, I will choose a long domain because I will easy to rank for domain on search engines.

HostNurse

If I have to choose between short and long domain names, then I would go with short domain names, but this is not always the case. You can still combine all factors within a domain name by making short, keyword domain and east to write and remember.

It might take time and an effort to find a domain combing all factors together, but it is worth it.

curveball

I wouldn't recommend a long domain, but then again it depends what it is. Main advantage of having a shorter domain is people will more likely remember it.

soabbd

From my point of view long or short doesn't matter but the name should be easy and remember able. So sort names are best

mikemartel

As a website scanner ,i won't try to remember a long domain name,everyone always try to pursue a simple solution to all questions.so simple is the best.

brad

I would like to say that short name domains are already running/purchased or booked so we have to purchase a long tail keyword based domain name which must be meaningful or relevant to business or profession and used to make online searches. So make it so small that it remains meaningful. If you face difficulty then you can add a hyphen between its keyword as we did in our case. We could not get success to make a website hairtransplantindia.com which is not running in a proper way however it is used for redirection. Good TLD domain names are already booked in way and we have add a hyphen between its front two keywords like hair-transplantindia.com. I mean to say most of domain names also contain a hyphen between their keywords to solve the purpose.

Last edited:

dether

Well if You gonna have more traffic from search engine then ok go long name.

CarolSartor

A short domain name with keyword inserted into it is very effective while doing SEO because it provide information about our product.

aksel

It's better to buy short domain name because it is very easy to memorize for users who are using it.

FreshFeet

Better to buy short domain name, if the keyword is present in the domain name than it's an additional advantage for promoting site online and also helps to memorize website for potential consumers if it is short.

Kavoir

Generally speaking, the shorter the better. But that would depend your budget and your niche. Sometimes long-tail keywords name can be a gold mine. It also depends on how long it is.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads