Resell or build your own products, which one do you prefer?

hoangvu

Hi,
Can you share your views on selling products or build your own products, which will brings more profits and revenue, which one do you prefer? why?

Thanks

elcidofaguy

Hiya KellyLC,

My personal preference is to assess on quality... Unfortunately most PLR/resell stuff is either low quality or is saturated with it being proliferated all over the place... That said I have found some gems... My best advice is to use PLR as either free bonuses with building your email list or that you further develop it so that it is unique i.e. some changes to content if possible, re-branding and new images etc, perhaps package lots of different products with developing your own...

Overall I prefer to develop my own - but that is more to do with software related stuff which offers new capabilities which are not available... I also believe if you have the passion and desire you can develop a great, awesome product which will run circles around PLR/resell stuff (as mentioned most of that is low quality i.e. 30 page report etc).... and ultimately provide value to your audience... In the end making sure you are providing quality is what matters as otherwise you wont get very far...

Best of luck! Hope that helps!!

MightWeb

That's really hard to say - what any (in my book) reputable e-commerce site should focus on is quality. I don't at all mind products being resold, but if they are, the quality of that product needs to reflect the level of quality the vendor wants to set. So make sure you're partnering with companies you would do business with yourself.

As for building your own products - it can be great. It certainly allows for bigger margins, but it also takes more time - and requires you to be able to produce said products with a good quality - as there's otherwise no point in not just reselling.

Content by Rhonda

You will usually make more money if you have your very own products, however, affiliates still rake in some big bucks and it's a great place to start until you can create products of your own.

iTeachBlogging

Well I believe that either route takes a tremendous amount of time. Regardless, of the choice you will need to gain the trust of your readers.

oldnickb

Realistically you need to be doing both. If you look at the affiliate leaderboards almost everyone at the top also sells their own products. It's a synergy.

As to gaining the trust of your readers, that shouldn't take long at all. Provide some good quality info and you will be surprised how quickly you can gain a following. Basically most people will trust you until you prove otherwise. That is just human nature.

iTeachBlogging

So, I am curious who here is doing what? Are you promoting affiliate items, your own stuff or a combo of both? What are your top products if you are?

Personally, at this moment I am only promoting affiliate items and I am not making a penny yet.

oldnickb

oldnickb
How are you promoting the affiliate products?

The easiest way is your own unique low cost front end product, possibly your own upsell, then promote affiliate products as your backend. Don't limit yourself to digital products. You can find numerous physical products that can be very profitable, for example supplements that may only earn you $20 per customer per month but it's on autoship and their average customer stays 17 months. You don't need many customers for it to add up to a sizeable figure. There is little doubt that the best recurring programs are in the health market.

I get a little income every month from selling vitamins. The domain I used expired in 2011 but I still get the commision for 16 customers. OK, it's dwindled from over $800 to just over $60 a month now but that has been coming in every month for a very long time from something I was doing in 2010.
I'm overweight and frankly pretty unfit and producing the content was becoming drudgery. Definately the most profitable and least fulfilling thing I've done online.

You do need to love your niche, or it just becomes too much like hard work, even if it isn't.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.