How do you stay focused on work at home?

fishmonk

I make it a habit to pin my target earnings on my screen. If I am idling, I look at the screen and get motivated to focus towards the financial targets for the month.
Having a quiet room helps me to focus. If I'm distracted, I will go for a short walk around my garden. Looking at the flowers and greenery will freshen my mind.

Lem

Focus, and having daily goals. I am lucky to have a couple of jobs that pay by the task, so I can set tangible daily goals for how much money I'd like to make. I also have bigger goals (that new Huwawei laptop looks gorgeous) that I'm going to hit in the longer term.

shilpa

I do blogs and articles. There's so much money to be earned by that and a lot more to learn from them. Remember to come up with genuine and legitimate ways to do such things. Copying and pasting won't do if you wanna survive. Have patience and work in your free time. Don't overdo it. Have fun with what you do. It may not work overnight, but it will work eventually if you put a little more effort and time. Do some research beforehand.

sotriuj

Oh man, I struggled with this A LOT.

I found out that using the Pomodoro thecnique helped me a great deal, having 20 minutes of really focused work, knowing I have a little bit of rest afterwards was a good motivator. I used ClearFocus for that, it's a simple and beatiful android app that helps you apply the pomodoro thecnique.

However, although Pomodoro is great when you know what needs to be done and have clear objectives, I still had a problem with the bigger picture: I needed someway to keep a list of objectives and tasks that needed to be done. For that particular matter I implemented an Scrum board at my workplace, and I higly recommend doing so.

It's very simple. grab a large cardboard, and draw 3 columns on it: To Do, In Progress and Completed. Put all that needs to be done on sticky notes. Each sticky note should be a few words and symbolize a focused unit of work: "Clean up desk", "call Steve about accounting" "Research campaign emails" that should last you no more than two hours, this way you are forced to split your sticky notes and get more granularity.
Then you can only have one post it at once in your "In Progress" column. So pick one from the To Do and move to progress. Once you are done with that note, move it to "Completed". Rinse and repeat. There are apps you can use to make this like Trello but I personally better with a real, physical board, although your experience might differ :)

You can even set up different colored sticky notes to mean something different, like priority or even categorize your tasks.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
The Pomodoro Technique sounds like a great approach, providing focused work intervals followed by short breaks. I'll definitely check out ClearFocus as an Android app to support the implementation of this technique. (y)

Marga

I set my goals for a day and I make non-work related plans. For example, if I plan to go to the gym, watch a movie etc, I'm motivated to finish my tasks on time. I take breaks- e.g. I make food or go for a walk.

Alex Xavier

One of the key tips to staying productive while working from home is creating a daily routine. This can include setting up regular work and break times, setting aside time for exercise or relaxation, as well as planning your day with both professional and personal goals in mind.

Umar Shahzad

It is a best tip for work at home, set the daily routine for doing work, when you work for two or three hours straight. Please rest for a while, make coffee or tea, whatever you like, it will calm your mind, so you can start working again.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I just read an article to help you staying productive when working from home and I'm interested it .If you guys share the idea or what are your tips to stay focused on your targets when working at home?
Here's what I am applying:

Designate a Workspace: Create a dedicated area for work to signal focus.
Set Clear Goals: Outline daily tasks and prioritize them for efficiency.
Take Regular Breaks: Schedule short breaks to recharge and maintain productivity.

Hope it helps!

GTPUSER91

Reading all the replies above make me think if i should do Work from Home or Office because right now am working in office but want a job that provides me work from home offer but i see people tend to get lazy while working at home and we are in our comfort zone

So whats your guys opinion , WFH or WFO?
What would you choose

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.