Will Facebook Ever Die?

massproxy

Hehe, strange question. I think that such global company never die. If only internet exist... FB and other social media will be existing.

kathyclark_sams

Yes, Facebook will certainly die one day. Everything is not permanent in life, especially in the online world. Orkut was once a great and amazing social networking site, but due to the advent of facebook, Orkut gets vanished. Even Myspace stands nowhere in social media. So i am just waiting for the day when new social sites overtakes facebook.

Amy Richardson

OOOhhh I think it's not possible yet, and maybe in the near future. It's too big, too many people are using this and what's the most important - like this. They are growing all the time, changing for the new audience.

MarkBase

Look what happened to Myspace...everything depends on new features, when they will continue to add some things that will only make this confusing and more and more less intuitive then FB will die. Nowadays more and more people become to delete their accounts just because they realize that's road to nowhere. People are tired of nonsense informations

Heather

If the billions of users will die, for sure they will as well. They've been exploring and expanding the use of that platform for them to keep up with the demands of their users and obviously they are doing it pretty good.

shanejhane

For me, Facebook may die someday and we can only use Facebook for 10 years. Today, as I observed they are really working on their apps fixing bugs etc. Comparing to others apps they are listening to they users, what features need to add to make it enjoyable more to people. That is way Facebook is still existing now comparing to Friendster.
Facebook must focus on the new features as our technology growing faster.

genesis

If I would be answering now, of course facebook is really hard to compete. This is the trend now, the modernicity. But eventually it'll fade, thru time, nothing stays forever here even in social media. Good example would be the friendster. Before friendster is the most famous social site wherein you can also interact with others and be part of the world. Then eventually facebook came, friendster became nothing then poof in just a year or so, its gone.

CookieRunner

I'm curious on everyone's thoughts as to whether or not this social juggernaut will go the way of the dinosaur eventually, or will they continue to buy up competition and technologies outright to always remain relevant?
With its power and influence with people all over the world, where everyone's hooked to their mobile phones may it be children and the old people every now and then... I therefore conclude that its not gonna happen. It will never die. Not in right now, it can but that would be a loooong long time... With Facebook's many uses and options, you have sooo many things to do. From chatting, posting your content, writing what you want, saving precious pictures and videos and so much more. You can do it all with just Facebook alone.

mhands41

I'm curious on everyone's thoughts as to whether or not this social juggernaut will go the way of the dinosaur eventually, or will they continue to buy up competition and technologies outright to always remain relevant?
"What goes up, must come down". Facebook may not die but it will surely go down.

Facebook might be ignored eventually but not of today's and the next two or more generations to come.

Facebook today knows very well how to please and satisfy the needs and wants of social market and austerely focused to the art of competition but without Mark Zuckerberg at the helm; others with more beautiful and sophisticated digital creation will eventually take over.

romadelgado

Everyone has his own life span but I think in the case of Facebook, it will take many years for them to vanish. Honestly, this is one of my favorite social media accounts, the longer you use this, the greater its functionality. Before I used to have Skype just to communicate with my relatives abroad. But now even in Facebook, you can have a video call with your relatives outside the country. There are so many products advertise also in Facebook, those advertisements allow me to become updated to what's new and what's not. You can even have ideas what to buy through Facebook and you can also earn extra income by being a marketing affiliate. You can also create group as many as you can that will allow you to have connections with different people.There are also a lot of games included in Facebook that you can play when you feel bored or nothing to do just to occupy the time that you have. You can also watch videos from Facebook, I like most of the videos uploaded on this media, some are entertaining, some are funny, and other are heartfelt videos. You can even upload videos or documents on Facebook with your friends while chatting. So I don't think this social media will die at early time. If they are listening to their customers (Facebook), that's good it means that they are willing to expand services to their the users and that's another good news to us.We don't need to open more tabs just to connect with other media account.So long life to facebook.

junrose123

I think Facebook will not die because there a lot of user in their sites, and besides they are even doing better to improve its system and service to the people. A certain business or company will not eventually die if there are people who are patronizing them. It is like a product that if no one really buy or appreciate then it will not takes to long to be in the market. But as what I see now to the Facebook that more people are making a lot of good comments and impression, giving the fact that it is now free to use as long you have a free data you can use it and make some likes. As long as people will always use its service I think it will stood up the test of time.

Judas2018

No - and why would anyone want it to? It's a very useful tool. I do think that if they don't get their tendency to be fooled by fake ad buyers - and also their habit of letting hate and racism pages flourish - under control... then they will take a big hit in the future. Not a fatal one - but a substantial one.

Earl Julius

Judging from how facebook has emerge from a software in a University as a social networking site for students with in Harvard, to a Multi-Billion Dollar Company giant that it is now, we can say that it has taken huge steps not only by it's earnings, but by changing how Billions of it's users in the world connects. Now to answer that question, it totally relies on a number of aspect as to when can facebook still exist, future events that can spell it's downfall are such as Mismanagement, a New and more Effective Rival Company, Death of it's founder, Security breaches that will make users lose trusts, or simply it will just evolve in to a more complex and more life changing social media site than it is today.

Ciprian Bitter

Facebook's (and Google's) advantage is that they know everything about us. By seeing what we're interested in, who we chat with and other tendencies, they can anticipate the future. Even though every person is unique, the way we think in general is subject to a few patterns, and they seem to be identifying these patterns and serving us exactly what we want.

On the other hand, if they can't anticipate, they educate :) So no, it'll be hard for somebody to take them down, because if somebody will ever grow, Facebook will most likely acquire or kill them before they will stand a chance.

ecole11j

That's a difficult question. It's hard to imagine a world without Facebook, but I'm sure people over a decade ago were saying the same thing about Myspace, and that's all but dead. It certainly has more staying power though. At over 10 years old it should be a dinosaur by Internet standards, but it keeps going, and even the kids and teens who claim Facebook is "only for old people" still use it. If nothing else, I don't see it going away anytime in the foreseeable future.

Crist

Facebook is one of the main tool in terms of socialization, communication, business mediums and many more. Its like part of daily lives of billions of people across the globe. I can't imagine what will be the reactions if facebook dies or close. The importance of facebook has proven many years ago. How it change the way of communication, expression of feelings and freedom of speech. It takes decades for facebook to die.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads