Is HostGator a good choice? did You use it?

Andre

Hello,

Is HostGator a good choice? did you use it?
if you did or using, please share some reviews about Hostgator

Thank you,

Inquestor

We have used HostGator in the past. They have excellent support but they are pretty pricey just to host a few blogs.

HostNurse

Host Gator has been bought by EIG and has become one of their brands, I recommend you to stay away from EIG brands.

Jovani

Jovani
Ok but I disagree with this ideas. More people bought hosting there because it's too popular and more promotions, It is for small websites but if you need to expand a new package like VPS then price is very high, I have ever used hosting there but must change to a new VPS some last months. They suspended my site when my site was overloads (above 25% cpu usage) which couldn't solve on a shared hosting.

Knightrider

HostGator is a very reliable hosting network, they have a high price for unlimited domains. You will get unlimited domain plans for lesser than that. They have a great uptime of 99.99% and it happens most of the time, that's what my experience tell. Their customer support is also fast and very informative. They use cPanel as their control panel which offers lots of accessible features.

BlaZe

Used HostGator in the past. Reliable service I'd say. You can go with them without any problem.

tanveerhabib

Although they are good providers and are giant company in web hosting business. But their support is not that much cool and also their servers which they purchased from softlayer are overloaded.

walker.king89

According to me HostGator is best for web hosting. HostGator is a leading provider of website hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated servers. their server providing unlimited, reliable bandwidth and disk space for unlimited domains.

Shane

HostGator was AWESOME for YEARS... After they got bought out by EIG, not so much.

That's just my personal $0.02 cents.

Reactions: TejasWebHosting

TejasWebHosting

TejasWebHosting
Yep. They were a great provider, but after the acquisition things became very different there. Getting ahold of someone became increasingly difficult.

Why it takes so much longer to get ahold of someone for help is beyond me. How and why people keep signing up for their services is also beyond me.

To each their own though. The actual services they offer are nice, I just miss being able to call up a real person and get some unique help. Each person there seemed to have a certain niche or field they could help with. Now it seems so streamline and generalized. Seems to have lost the personal touch, really.

prolimehost

hostgator is one of the best hosting provider around, but keep in mind about there shared resources as they put alot of client on one server, so if you plan to host a big website on shared environment then you may find it bad or else it is one of the most stable hosting company

gotkloud

HostGator is no longer owned by the original owner Brent Oxley, it was purchased by EIG who owns many other hosting companies. It would be a good idea to do your research on EIG as well as HostGator before making a decision.

vaneetagoswami

You can trust on HostGator because it is not just a best but it is excellent with so many features in compare to other hosting provider. Before I go with any hosting I heard so many positive reviews about hostgator and this thing force me to go with it.

Peter

Peter
I used Hostgator and it's only suitable for average website with no more traffic. When your website is popular, you will get problem about CPU usage and you will be recommended to a their VPS. Hence you should consider hostgator carefully before buying.

midasBalaa

Hostgator is awesome when it comes to customer support. I started with shared hosting and now am on reseller package. I love the experience so far

JustinLane

Yes, Host gator is really nice hosting provider. Host gator is really good because I hosted a site for more than 1 years and there hasn't been any bug from them they have awesome plans and they are really cheap. So far they guarantee a 99% up-time but I've experienced 110% up-time. They have an excellent support with toll-free number and live chat . Many big sites like "mybloggertricks" are hosted on them.

Last edited:

ChadTrejo

If you are searching for a few some other alternative service provider to create a website .However will direct you in order to strategy,you must first register domain name for the website with these for affordable cost for that they offer free hosting ,web site builder support utilizing that you can very easily design and host your web site online .The website builder service includes of prepared created templates you simply choose the one most notable in line with the kind of your website ,add your details ,finally your dream website comes to reside .

Last edited:

datarealm

Many of the HG problems seemed to start when EIG moved them into their Provo, Utah datacenter. Since then they have experienced several very lengthy outages. Combined with declining customer support they do not appear to be a great option for hosting.

nusretsambew

Re: s HostGator a good choice? did You use it?

I say yes. If you compare the reviews of best web hosting plans you see hostgator is one of the big names besides bluehost, godaddy and other popular companies. I recommend to sign up for their monthly web hosting services. They offer cheap web hosting plans including email hosting and domain registration services with monthly payment options. Then if you are happy with their services you can shift to a yearly account.

ElixantTechnology

There are a lot of concerns that users of many communities are voicing about HostGator, most important is the fact that they were purchased by EIG. For the most part with their proven track record they are known as a "Host Killer". Ever since the purchase of HostGator not only has server reliability gone downhill but they've also fired most of the support staff leaving it to a select few to manage absolutely everything. They are also having a huge issue with over-populating their servers, as an attempt by EIG to save in expenses.

ElixantTechnology

They are recently giving out tons of promotions out there. Usually coupon codes. For new signups, I think they're one of the top choices.
That's like saying

"I'd rather purchase this car because the person will beat the price by $200 in comparison to the other option I have, however, I know that in the next couple months I am going to have to replace the brakes, tires and get a wheel alignment. But that's okay, because it's $200 cheaper than the car that is in excellent condition that I could probably rely on for years to come."

or;

"Hey, I will get this company's car insurance because they are going to give me a really good deal up front, even though if I were to get into an accident they won't be there to help me or cover any of the costs."

In the end, any EIG-Brand provider shouldn't be considered top choice just because of the cost of the service or the deals that they offer you in exchange for you utilizing them. A good host will pride itself on the services that it offers and the support that it provides it's customers with, not about the deals that it gives.

boognish

There are so many other hosting providers out there... With HostGator's decline over the past two years why risk it?

Last edited:
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Ric
Latest threads
Replies
Views