Twitter vs. Tumblr which is better ?

manthan4psychother

Hello everyone,

I am using twitter form last one year. It has good traffic source for my blog. But recently I hears Tumblr is one of the best social networking site to drive traffic to blog and getting high quality backlinks.

Which side is good to drive traffic to blog?

SEOPub

I hate these kind of questions. Which is better.... blah, blah, blah

Why does it have to be one thing or the other?

Who cares what anyone here tells you? If I say Tumblr is better, are you going to jump off Twitter and go crazy on Tumblr?

Just try them both and see which works for you.

Reactions: Website Design Ltd

victoroj

victoroj
I definitely agree with this one. And I also often say this, there is no rule in advertising (or business as whole) to choose only one platform to advertise. Because if we can have all the means to advertise , we surely can use and grab all opportunities. But just to answer the question, I would say Twitter is the more effective way based on my experience.

ulterios

It's going to be impossible to tell you which is better because there are many factors that we don't know. What niche is your website in, what your marketing techniques are and a number of other things we just don't know.

I agree with SEOPub, you should try both and see which one works best for you.

Many times what works best for one person doesn't always work best for someone else.

On Twitter, were you adding images to your Tweets? That can make a big difference in their effectiveness.

Ciarda

It's going to be impossible to tell you which is better because there are many factors that we don't know. What niche is your website in, what your marketing techniques are and a number of other things we just don't know.

I agree with SEOPub, you should try both and see which one works best for you.

Many times what works best for one person doesn't always work best for someone else.

On Twitter, were you adding images to your Tweets? That can make a big difference in their effectiveness.
Totaly agree.

You need to focus on what is the basic of your niche. There is no way there are effective way to promote your product a service of selling house withouth images (Example).
If you dont know the foundamentals make the choose and get both.

Nikita Patil

It is difficult to say who is better among these two. Both sites have its own pros & cons. Twitter & Tumbler both are blogging platform. On both, you can share your thought, photos, video, links. As an aspect of Twitter vs tumbler, Twitter has restricted 140 characters for your thoughts on the other hand Tumbler gives you room with no condition. You can make your post private on Tumbler that benefits you will never found in Tumbler. On Tumbler if someone reblogs a funny picture you will often see it many more times from other people you follow.
You can schedule your posts on Tumbler at the same you can't schedule your tweet. On Twitter attach only one object(Image, video) at a time but on Tumbler you can attach 10 images at a time. Apart from this, both platforms have fascinating windows into humanity and great fun

SamHeyerSeo

Hello everyone,

I am using twitter form last one year. It has good traffic source for my blog. But recently I hears Tumblr is one of the best social networking site to drive traffic to blog and getting high quality backlinks.

Both are good. You have to focus on content and how to promote your accounts. Consistency is key to success. But being consistent is easier said than done. Prepare a Social Media Plan and start work.

grubble

Also, just to add, they're rather different platforms so trying to compare them directly is always going to be at least misleading. Twitter may perform better for you, or vice versa, depending on the sort of content you have on your blog. E.g. Promoting a graphic design blog on Tumblr may be easier than on Twitter. But again, who can say for sure until you try for yourself!

Syn Gates

I think Tumblr is much more better because your content here is more unique with more trust. Moreover, longer content allows you to add more backlinks with more relation than short content like a short quote on Twitter.

Last edited:

Claire_Anderson

Both are good platform for driving traffic to a business application. Twitter is an advertising network and it works great you want to spread your content around in an advertising way and reach a wider audience. It's not as easy to make people notice your content there, and it takes slightly longer to build an audience on tumbler as compared to Twitter.

joe

Since others have already trolled the OP, I have to give a serious answer.

Consider this for a second, which one is better to cut a tree, an axe or a hand gun? Now if someone breaks into your house, would you choose an axe or a hand gun to defend yourself?

The point is it depends on what you will use it for.

- Twitter is a text-base platform which is great for quick updates
- Tumblr is an image-base platform, perfect for photographers, artists and etc.

You have to determine whom you want to target and then decide which platform to use, otherwise you will only be throwing shit at the wall and hoping some would stick.

denisehilton

Actually both have their own importance and one cannot replace the other. Tumblr is a micro blogging platform while Twitter is a social network with different functionality. You should focus both for your marketing campaign.

Keeper9037

Why not a combination of both sites? Twitter evidently has a larger number of members and maybe its easier to gin traction or attention on there. What I would suggest is use twitter as a promotional platform for your Tumblr, make tweets that stand out with nice hashtags and lead the people to your site. On Tumblr the format is more like a personal blog page, therefore put your detailed content there.

overcast

I have found that if your content is meant for the tumblr users, then it's worth getting a blog over there. Lot of business and services are making use of the tumblr and getting conversion. Coming to twitter, I think it'd be not easy to have conversion for product or service. But it can be used for getting some short burst of traffic on twitter. I have found that some users make use of the twitter for purely short term traffic.

rakeshmacha

It's very difficult to tell which is better.First you have to know niche and where you find more your customer. According to you have come to a conclusion.
And don't listen to everyone because something is worked out someone may not work out for everyone.

Last edited:

WildSpirit

The two options are very good and perform their duties very well, but for a personal preference... I choose Twitter because it's more useful for me daily (I can get information and fun at the same time). :ertery:

Jack_Dan

It depends on which type of niche you have to share with your followers or subscribers. You can use both Twitter and Tumblr, and even I will recommend you to use more social networks for your niche. You never know which one will works or suits you well. Just try all social networks and do some R&D to check your suitable results. Social media is always a better option to share your niche.

centurion

Hello everyone,

Twitter is a small micro blogging system. Tumblr is a great blogging system. You can not use huge words on twitter tweet. But you can use unlimited words on tumblr post. Tumblr posts have several section like only for text or only for link. Moreover if you place any link than will come to you by a preview. Facebook+ Instagram= Tumblr

Thanks
Centurion

Ergoprime

That's a hard question. I know some people who have earned a good amount of money via Tumblr by promoting adult websites. Twitter wouldn't be a good social network for the adult niche. Nevertheless you can get a nice amount of traffic via both networks, if you know what you are doing. In both cases you will rely on hashtag research, good content (images, videos or gifs; Not only text), posting 10 - 20 times per day, using some different hashtags in your daily posts, tracking your results and being consistent.

I know from experience that it can take a lot of time to master a social network, but if you achieve that you will see extremely fast results, whenever you promote accounts for clients or for your products/websites.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views