Are you dependent on social media?

wallet

I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!

Jack_Dan

Mostly I use social media to generate traffics for my websites and blogs. Other than that I'm only connected to my real friends and family members. There are always two sides to every story, and social media also has bad and good sides of it. It totally up to you which side you want to choose. I write articles most of the time, so my primary focus is to use social media tools to get more readers and subscribers for my niche. I don't use social media for actual relationship purposes.

joegirl

With regards to marketing my blogs, yes I am very dependent on social media platforms. With the right knowledge and know-how, teh use of social media can work wonders for an online business. Especially if you are just starting out. I make full use of the fact that it's free.

I am currently fine-tuning my target market using Facebook and Instagram.

centurion

I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!
I am fully dependent on social media for the last 10 years. I have got huge friends from online to real life and I have seen that they are all real minded . They have never tried to make any hamper of me.

Thanks
Centurion

wallet

I have seen that most people got depended by social media these days from various reasons, advertise, having fun or just to socialize.
Thank you all of you for your answers to my post and wish you a beautiful day!

vicsylicious

vicsylicious

Mine is different. I permanently deleted my Facebook I know who my real and true friends are and I don't need to share myself with anyone outside of my circle. People know I don't read or respond to a text so they are forced to call me. I've been doing this for about a year now and I would never go back to the idiotic Facebook (sorry for the term) and texting style. It makes me feel 100% free. I have also reclaimed that person to person social aspect of my life.

Ergoprime

Well personally I don't use any social networks, but my business relies heavily on social network traffic. But as an online marketer you are always depending on some source of traffic. Whether it is Google, Ads or in my case social media. The most important thing is to have a diversified profile. Earn money from SEO, from Ads and Social Media. If any traffic channels changes you will still have other income sources.

Reactions: centurion

centurion

centurion
Social media has been playing an important role for the generation of traffic from social media website to your personal website. Social media optimization back links are also playing important role for the position up of website on search engine result page,
search engine page rank and life time traffic generation to your website.

For getting more sale on your fiverr sale you can use social media platform.

Thanks
Centurion

jyy

I'm not so addicted to social media, but, comically most of the people I interact with are on forums. Nonetheless, it's just the way it is and I don't take things too personally. It's all just business. Anyway, for future marketing of any website, I wouldn't rely totally on social media but I'd also try to focus on guest posting and - if the budget allows, also paid ads on Facebook, Google, and Bing. Being too dependent on social media would make one sick of it. You know, like how eating the same food all the time ruins the fun.

Unknown

I guess I am somewhat dependent but not to any extreme measures like an addiction. I know when to turn my phone or computer off and have some fun in the real world as well.

The one that I personally love using (even without any business aspect) is Twitter. I don't know why but the whole design and interaction fits me. I have many friends that I've gotten to know over the social media and some I even now met in real life. It really depends how you see and treat it. It can have bad consequences but also the great positive ones.

I do love the amazing effects of turning social media platforms to your own advantage in terms of advertising and promotion. I believe that it's the right way to go now, along with SEO. I've had great results using it and I don't plan on stopping :)

vinaya

Google is my #1 source of traffic. About 80 percent of traffic I get come from google search. After Google, Social media is my main traffic source. However, in order to generate traffic from social media, I need to promote my contents on social media, without any promotion, I will not be receiving any traffic. In order to make most from social media, I need to promote my links on various social media platforms. Sharing on social media is not enough, I also need to actively interact on the post. Social media is very demanding.

peachpurple

I have 2 accounts for Facebook and Twitter. I separate them for different purposes. Facebook for my family members and relatives is the place where we gossip and chat. Another Facebook account is solely for promoting my post url links in order to attract external traffic to my site. The applies for Twitter too.

centurion

I have 2 accounts for Facebook and Twitter. I separate them for different purposes. Facebook for my family members and relatives is the place where we gossip and chat. Another Facebook account is solely for promoting my post url links in order to attract external traffic to my site. The applies for Twitter too.
This is clearly mentioned from Facebook that you can make only one account from per IP. You can make huge pages for your product promotion. But maintain of 2 Facebook account will make you one account banned any time from Facebook authorization. In that case if you lose your family account that will be a great loss. So my suggestions to you to close the product promotion or URL publishing account.

Google is my #1 source of traffic. About 80 percent of traffic I get come from google search. After Google, Social media is my main traffic source. However, in order to generate traffic from social media, I need to promote my contents on social media, without any promotion, I will not be receiving any traffic. In order to make most from social media, I need to promote my links on various social media platforms. Sharing on social media is not enough, I also need to actively interact on the post. Social media is very demanding.
Social media book mark or back link and social media optimization can generate huge traffic for your website. Social media book mark and social media optimization- these 2 types of back link will generate huge traffic for the life time from several sources, will increase your website position on search engines and will play an important role for your website page rank.

Thanks
Centurion

ryo ionut

No,never been,for me it's just a way of having fun for a short time.But,if you own a business that needs to be promoted,spending more time on social media can be the answer.

Angel07

I depend on social media but I'm not addicted to it yet, but I could become as the social media is the main way I use to keep in contact with my friends and without social media I wouldn't have almost any social life, most of my friends live in foreign countries and the ones that live close are often too busy to meet in person, so the easiest and faster way to get in touch is through social media, no matter where we are we know that if we need to talk to each other, ask or share anything we can do it fast and easy without having to spend money on a ticket or spending too much time.

giovanniiiii

Nowadays it is a norm for everyone to participate in social media websites. Otherwise people would be left out on a lot of things, since topics and news revolve around social media too. I don't say I am dependent on using social media alone, but through it I have met a lot of people all over our country. When communicating with my family members I rarely use social media and just use mobile messages to contact them since I find it much more reliable than using messenger applications.

Pointbreak

At this day and age, being dependent on social media is definitely going to be part of the technology age. Many are now dependent on this platform simply because it has become one of the main sources of income. It may have started from interest or being part of the digital bandwagon and eventually placed it into good use.

For now I am dependent on Facebook, YouTube and Google as my top 3 on my everyday website visits. I am highly dependent on these three to make our content more insightful.

JoeMilford

I would really like to say that I am not dependent on it, but, if I am honest, and if I analyze my habits, I must admit that I spend a great deal of time on social media, and I use it to do business, to keep in touch with loved ones, and for entertainment and news EVERY day and for many hours a day. I admit this to my shame...but yes, I am dependent upon several social media sites, especially Twitter and facebook.

homebizmom

I am dependent on social media for my businesses, but wouldn't say I was addicted yet ;)

cesarmatute

I live in Venezuela. I don't know if you have heard about the political problems, censorship, and intentions to convert Venezuela in another Cuba. The newspaper, TV stations and social media in general are hands tied. They are sanctioned, censored and even closed if they show news about the "real" situation that Venezuela is going through.

The only way the Venezuelans have to keep us informed is through Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp. So, I am kind of dependent on social media, but just to keep me informed about the "reality" in Venezuela.

Tania997

I need it to generate traffic for my domains, so dependent is really the word I'd use because it's different from addiction. I obviously try to not stay there too long, but I'm trying to make money there too. Some people suggested opening a page about something that interests people, but it seems hard to have any success considering there are already so many.

Wyvh

Same as for you; i'm not dependant, even though I do spend some times on it (Facebook mainly). But if it ever goes down for x reason, I wouldn't feel lost or anything.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.