Setting Nameservers to Load a Default Page in WHM

FPForum

Hey everyone, I hope someone can tell me the best way to go about doing this...

So, we use WHM and have several different custom nameservers setup (ns1.ourdomain.com, ns2.ourdomain.com, ns3.ourdomain.com, ns4.ourdomain.com, ns5.ourdomain.com, and ns6.ourdomain.com)..What we would like to do is have the last two (NS5/NS6) point to a specific "default" page. Other nameservers are used for domains we host and create cPanel accounts for, but we would like having the ability to take domains we do not create cPanel accounts for, point them to these two nameservers and then have them all go to the same "default" page..

I've seen GoDaddy do this. They have two nameservers that you can point and domain to and it will load a "default" parking page even if the domain isn't actually hosted at GoDaddy...

Any help would be appreciated!!

AlbaHost

Hey there,

here is what we did, since there is no other option on the same whm cpanel server to do that.
  1. Create Reseller account
  2. As a reseller create own nameservers which is in your case NS5,NS6
  3. Login as reseller and edit Web Template Editor with your wishes template/text
  4. Modify/add instructions: https ://github. com/1ClickServicesLtd/cpanel-domainparking/
And then for every registered domains as default put your NS5,NS6, make sure you do not use NS5,NS6 on your root nameservers. And they will see your new/reseller default landing page. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.