Does Page Speed Affect SEO & Google Rankings?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I heard that web page speed affect SEO and google rankings but I don't believe in this, is there an announce from Google for this algorithm? or how to measure its effect? I said this because my website has load pretty slow but it was still in first page of Google results for more keywords. Any comments?

Proaffili

I heard that web page speed affect SEO and google rankings but I don't believe in this, is there an announce from Google for this algorithm? or how to measure its effect? I said this because my website has load pretty slow but it was still in first page of Google results for more keywords. Any comments?
As far as I am aware, as early as 2010, the Google Search team declared speed to be a ranking factor for desktop searches, and in July 2018, mobile was included.

hipcat

Speed is a factor, but you may be doing well because your other factors are very good.

EngagementRingsUSA

Your website speed is ONE factor, but I wouldn't get carried away by it. Just like I wouldn't get carried away by the fact that most modern search engine algos use the location of your server(s) in their geo targeting metrics/calculations. Every factor plays into the bigger picture, but there are literally thousands of different variables at play, and no website is expected to excel on every single metric.

That said, when you say that your website is "pretty slow", I do recommend instituting the appropriate upgrades to render an optimal speed. I don't necessarily recommend this for search rankings alone, but more so for the user experience. Your search rankings aside, having frustrated users who leave your website is not good for business.

railrecipe

Of course man, slow page speed leaves negative impact on users as well as search engine. Nobody wants to wait for more than 4-5 seconds to open a webpage. It will definitely affect the ranking of a website.

Daniel@30

Since recently, Google is paying a lot of attention to the page loading speed of websites. This is a logical step after they decided that mobile versions of pages are more important for the search engine and people than desktop versions.

Because mobiles tend to have a slower connection speed, the mobile versions must be fast and easy to load.

Google introduced a special tool to check the speed of web pages:

Pagespeedinsight

Freddie Sherman

Page speed is important to users because, well, faster pages are more efficient and provide a much better on-page user experience. Per a recent Kissmetrics infographic, if a page takes longer than 3 seconds to load, over a quarter of users will click away. Mobile users expect speed, too. In the same survey, 73% of users reported visiting a website that loaded too slow. Page speed also affects conversion rate. For example, Walmart.com noted that with every second of increased page speed, they saw a two percent increase in conversion.

MeghanIzzo

Page Speed is one of the most important facts of On-Page SEO and it will affect website rank.

mrlong

I don't think Page Speed affects SEO or keyword google-rankings. Because I can see a lot of websites with low Page Speed but the keywords are still at the TOP of Google. Their contents and backlinks are very good.

idontwanna

Page loading speed is directly tied to your User-experience (UX) which google is apparently tracking now as a metric for ranking. So if someone clicks away because your pages load waaay too long, then yes, it will have an impact on your ranking

KabirNayek

I made pagespeed score above 90 and it didn't improve the rankings. I am a bit confused about google ranking factors.

sherinpaulose

Speed is one among the factors affect ranking of your website. If some other website with better speed, and almost with same SEO tactics comes, there might be a chance for rank dropping of your website

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.