How often do You Reboot your VPS?

Jovani

Hi everyone,
How often are you rebooting your VPS?
Just curious what other people are doing here

jitendrasurve

I recommend not to reboot the VPS without any strong reason. If your system is crashing or you have any issues.

jitendrasurve

Basic firmware server redesigns or discriminating working framework bit overhauls or once in a while drivers modules upgrades requires reboots - however those are evident explanation behind reboot - And there is no compelling reason to inquire as to whether reboot is fundamental - You need to just execute it - yet it is not all that regular to stress over or written work articles as Management won't show anyone out on account of few minutes downtime during few bothered days or more.. in Unix world. It is Microsoft quality programming issue and carriage by outline issue there is a need to stress over it considerably more...

jitendrasurve

Also to add when we choose any hosting provider. We always check for maximum uptime provided by hosting company.

Managed VPS will be handled by the hosting company. So no need to worry about it. You should ask hosting provider why they want to reboot vps 3 or 4 days. Go for good vps hosting provider.

Reactions: freds86

freds86

freds86
I don't understand this :confused: what thing behinds it?
also are there any tools/ways to auto reboot vps in schedule?

TejasWebHosting

TejasWebHosting
There are ways to do that. If it is a Linux environment, look into cron jobs. If it is a Windows environment I would look into PowerShell and or Scheduled Tasks to do this.

I don't recommend reboots on a regulated schedule for any reason (I have seen web servers power large businesses able to stay online for upwards of 300 days....)

But if you wanted to, that is how I would approach that. I hope this helps you.

KingServers01

It's always recommended not to reboot servers unless its most necessary to reboot server. Some customers reboot there servers when its not needed to perform.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.