What's your favorite domain registrar?

acquisto

There are many domain registrars out there which offer affordable domain registrations along with quite a few cool features. But I register domain from Eurodns -accredited with worldwide leading registries.

PRO

Also, I think .resellplenty.com is cheaper if you are going into a resell business.

acquisto

I use Eurodns. EuroDNS domain names include 1GB Open- Xchange email with webmail, Anycast DNS, domain management, API and more.

OrusX

Name.com, They have good support and fast service.

ricjj777

I like name.com. Their prices are good and their customer support is great.

LuxVM

Hello,

I am actually between two registrars, its either Godaddy or Namecheap that i would use, mostly godaddy because you can get ridiculously cheap .com's now and again for like $1 for the first year if you find a valid coupon xD. however i will say i prefer Namecheap over godaddy more though.

Regards,
Adam

Hawker

Hawker
Yes but it's the renewals is where they get you! Often the renewals for a .com is around $20 (About £10 for me) so about $20 bux for you guys.

Though that's not that bad really, is about right, especially as you only paid like $1 for it and have had it for a year and have probably earned that much back through 100x by then.

Well that's the idea on the smallest scale anyway.

As for me, I'd have to say NameCheap because I've been with them the longest and always found it much more user-friendly to use than GoDaddy.

Apart from recently they changed their layout and it's a bit tricker to navigate just matter of getting used to.

I was using GoDaddy a lot recently for their $0.99c domains, but recently they stopped doing this or rather, made it so you can only have 1 per account.

I think the way around it is to use another card to pay for it but I've not tried that since.

I normally just go with NameCheap because already got account with them for years, plus usually get my SSL certificates through them as well.

I also use Honey addon for Firefox and Chrome (joinhoney.com) for finding discounts on domains.

It just does its thing trying loads of coupon codes for you until it finds the best one.

Have saved quite a lot of money thanks to Honey. +1 to it.

ulterios

My favorite is Namecheap, especially for domains that I am not planning on selling any time soon. They have always given me awesome support and customer service over many years.

I used to like GoDaddy for reselling domains (Domaining / Domain Investing) due to the never ending supply of registration discount codes, but now that has come to an end with the big company changes they have lost that luster.

NameSilo has turned out to be very well priced & has free privacy if you need it. I haven't been with them that long, so the jury is still out on how good they are long term. They do have a good reputation for pricing and customer service.

Namoh

I use GoDaddy and Namecheap. I basically only use NameCheap for .io domains and the rest from GoDaddy.

whland

I use dynadot.com for my domains. Haven't had any trouble with them at all. Highly recommend them.

As long as they're in business I'm sure I'll be sticking with them.

Localnode

I use Dynadot and Namecheap for some personal domains. For most I use NetEarth One reseller.

sclaeys

I know Enom and GoDaddy are pretty big. What do you think is the largest?

velvet

Hi aixporter,

I use Mydomain.com. I've been with them for years.

They automate the payments so you don't lose your domain, and their site is easy to get around.

All of your domains are presented in a list, and one click drops down a panel with all that you need to access.

Just make sure you are logged in when you register a new one so it is added to your account directly.

cheers, Mal.

Last edited:

ulterios

Yes but it's the renewals is where they get you! Often the renewals for a .com is around $20 (About £10 for me) so about $20 bux for you guys.

Though that's not that bad really, is about right, especially as you only paid like $1 for it and have had it for a year and have probably earned that much back through 100x by then.
Yeah, ever since GoDaddy went public they have changed a lot of their business practices and that included their coupon codes. It sux, but I figured it would happen one day.

As for me, I'd have to say NameCheap because I've been with them the longest and always found it much more user-friendly to use than GoDaddy.
Namecheap is my registrar of choice. Mainly due to the awesome support that they have given me. Best support I have ever had, and i've had from one extreme to the other.

I was using GoDaddy a lot recently for their $0.99c domains, but recently they stopped doing this or rather, made it so you can only have 1 per account.

I think the way around it is to use another card to pay for it but I've not tried that since.
Yes, this is a way around it, but DO NOT do that unless you want to possibly loose your domains of be charged full non-coupon price for them. I've been a domain investor/domainer since the last century and many fellow domainers have found this out the hard way, especially in the last year. That is considered a violation of their terms for the codes. Lots of people do it and some don't get caught, but too many do to risk the chance. GoDaddy is playing hardball lately. :(

Last edited:
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.