What's your favorite domain registrar?

achat

GoDaddy, NameCheap, and NameSilo are ones I use.

Dynadot is good from what I hear as well.

FoxMetrics

Although there are many cheaper places I really like godaddy. They have great documentation. 1and1 has good customer service and they have been cheaper in the past (it seems like there are so many different options now pricing is pretty standard among the group of low cost registers) but their dashboard is not the easiest to use.

lithin

For .com names, I use Godaddy or Namecheap or Namesilo. Country code tlds are available at different prices and one have to check which is the best one. For example .io names are cheapest at Namecheap, with free domain privacy.
It is noted that many registrars offer domain transfer coupons at various festive seasons and you may try to transfer out to get rid off the high renewal prices if any.

Riviera

My favourite ones are Namesilo, Godaddy, Namecheap, and Name dot com.
The most favourire maybe the Namesilo which has the option of private whois included, you can choose or not this when registration without charge. Moreover, the renewal cost of Namesilo is cheaper than others (i don't have much money, sir).

Will A

I have used Namecheap..but the domain's move really slow and was thinking of changing my sew site to a faster wordpress host.
Dynadot and Godaddy in the past,Dynadot was not very user friendly for a noob five years back..only used tham atthe time because they would work directly with paypal..

davebusiness86s

So far I still use Godaddy as a domain provider.
I have tried others like Namecheap and 1&1 but... yeah, you know why i'm back with Godaddy, poor hosting but domain is great

Gh0st4unt3r

I prefer Godaddy because when i need to update or buy/edit domains my changes are instant along with i have used then for too many years so i have just stuck with them. all though i have used Enom in the past also.

Empire

I used Godaddy some years back, and gotta say I did like there support team then who I'm with now. But three years ago that can change since I last used them.

What Godaddy is good for is there Domains (end of story) they have an very good built system for that. As for the hosting side they are crap! there hardware isn't top-noch! Then there location isn't that big.

So I moved away from using them.

Gulzari

I have always preferred namecheap.com, the most simple and best service for domain register!

BestProxies

I have tried various registrars but at the moment I am stickign up with namecheap. Why? They often have discounts on gtld names and the support is great.

AMVXT

Godaddy is expensive and they charge for Whois privacy. I've been using Hover (free privacy), but now I am thinking about switching to above.com (a little cheaper).
Do you guys have any experience with them?

mikeandy01

yea namecheap is definately my fav, as for godaddy i use them too but like you said their interface is kinda crazy! :)

christax

christax
yeah it is a bit difficult if you use godaddy interface, it is pretty complex, namecheap or name.com's interface is more easier to use.
I would say namecheap is my favorite domain registrar because they offered good price and support.

DanielBlue

I went though some of them. Here my 2 cents.

Godaddy: Expensive and their support sucks. If you are into auctions then it’s maybe a place to be.

Namesilo: Strange dashboard! Cheap but support not working on weekends and arrogant on top!

Namecheap: Good price, good support also at the weekends.

Internet.bs: Good price. Never used their support.

Uniregistry.com Good price. Never used their support.

P.S. If you only have to change your name servers and dont do anything special, then you dont have to worry about if their support is good or bad. You normally dont need them anyway.

Last edited:

Ridew

My favorite domain registrar is GoDaddy, and Namecheap. For reselling, I would recommend Enom.com

stephenrobes

In terms of pricing / ease of use, what's your favorite domain registrar? I've used a couple in the past and like many, started with GoDaddy. But after their interface became ever so complicated, I ended up using Namecheap. What's your favorite?
Bluehost
Hostgator
Buydomains and so on.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.