Is blogging a very slow way of making money?

FreebieBoy34

Not really. It all depends on how dedicated you are with promoting your blog online. Blogs primarily depend on the incoming traffic to earn money other than ads and other gimmicks, that's why you have to step up your efforts in introducing your blog to prospect readers.

Aside from that, if you constantly update your blog contents and make it relevant to your readers, then surely they will come and visit you. Feed them with something valuable to read about and they will keep on coming back...

This is how you make a blog profitable.:)

StasVa

Many people are building their blogs with daily posts, this was really trending today. But if you ask bloggers in blogging communities, some will say the process of making money by blogging is very slow and need more patience, is this really true?
I think almost any business or internet business require time, pain and patience. People simple not noticed that.
I believe in rapid growth and succes but of course it is a matter of chance, a unique ideas and right time.

Elisabeth Kuhn

There are so many factors involved in this question that I can hardly decide where to start...

The first is about how exactly the blogger approaches blogging. What they blog about, how well the posts are optimized, how well the blog aligns with a target audience, and so on. Oh, and whether the content rocks!

The second is about how the blogger approaches the "making money" part. Again, there are so many options...

If they're a purist and want to just blog away and maybe put adsense on their blog, it may indeed take a while (a very long while) before they make some serious money.

Unless they blog in a niche where the keywords are REALLY expensive. In that case, it might pay off more quickly.

But there are many other ways to make money too, as we can see all over this forum. And there are also activities you can do on and off your blog and with your content that will get the word out much faster.

Also, if you use the blog (and accompanying social media, Kindle books, etc.) to establish yourself as an authority, and if you network effectively with the right people, you'll find that things can start paying off MUCH faster! Especially if you use your blog to demonstrate your expertise and sell your products and/or (high-priced) services.

Do that well, and publish very high quality and targeted posts several times a week consistently, with the goal to attract clients and customers, and you could start making some real money within weeks!

Hmmm. I think I just came up with a new New Year's Resolution!

lobo22

yes it takes time, but once your blog is running well and it has it's ongoing traffic, it can be a real ATM machine.

FoxMetrics

Like everything you do it takes time. If you are a faster learner or know how to learn from your mistakes it can decrease that time but it still had to run its path. The hard part or slow part is all the work that you do and never get paid for. No one pays you to learn, no one pays you to make mistakes, no one pays for everything you do that doesn't work so it takes time to get it right and then hopefully the reward to you is worth the time of practice

Hazel Styles

Its true to some extent. Depends on the what is your blog about. Usually Vlog is a powerful tool for making money pretty quick. But again it all depends on what is your blog about and how active and creative you are about it.

Brandfuge

I don't say YES.
When you start blogging, then yes it's a slow way of earning money.

When you have around 50-100 quality stories in your blog.
And you start remarketing your blog with content marketing techniques then you will see the dollar in your pocket in a daily ratio.

davebusiness86s

Every method of making money online will be easier if you know how to SEO and have quality content.
But Yes, I do agree that compare to others, blogging is slower.

VictorWelfred

According to my own thoughts, that depends on what you write, how you promote your Blog is good.

tamaodkk267

It will take you about 3-6 months to making money by blogging. You should improve your content, then get more traffic from social network, SEO it on top google. After that you will make money by your blog. If you don't have traffic, you will never make money by your site.

RenderedElite

Blogging is a very slow way to start making money, however there are other milestones and minor achievements to keep you motivated in the beginning. Getting the first 10 posts, reaching 50 to 100 visitors a day, etc. Focus on posting fresh content frequently and then promote it on social media to start getting immediate traffic. Share your content in relevant groups on Facebook, G Plus, and LinkedIn.

It takes time, but you can make money fairly quickly if you put in enough time and produce enough content.

timothykiko

timothykiko
I agree with RenderedElite!

It is slow to earn money from blogging but when you have enough traffic then money will come faster than which you expected.
Earning from blogging are one of the strongest ways on big websites nowadays.

HostaPolis

It takes time to earn but once it does, it can be very steady and worth the time invested in it.

I have a friend who started her blog about 3 years ago and she gets such good traffic now, she earns a steady $700+ a month just from ad clicks.

Datacentreplus

Blogging requires a lot of commitment and determination. You will never get overnight successes, but to use it to make money works. I've seen this first hand.
The initial part is bit of a grind, but play your cards right and the site picks up traction, you'll start to see a snowball effect and soon it'll be more regular.
I wouldn't say it's slow to make money after that, but it is certainly not instant to get to that point.

Just make sure that you're writing quality stuff and not just thin fillers.

denisehilton

It all depends upon how much resources and time you are giving to it. If you don't post articles and share them on the web on regular basis, your blog won't earn reputation fast but if you put in a considerable amount of time and effort on daily basis then your blog may join the ranks in a few months.

bodyveg

I think it depends upon how good you are looking for keywords. Also you can get lucky with one of your post and go "viral" into your niche, but 99% lot of keywords and patience.

alan watts

As was mentioned here, get with the times. Post about interesting stuff. READ READ READ, find that method of monetization that has a secret twist to it. Never copy what someone else is doing.

enstinemuki

Well it all depends on how soon you can drive targeted traffic to your blog. If you depend solely on free traffic from Search engines, social media and direct visits, it could go for a pretty long time before you start seeing results. If your articles are well positioned in search engines, you are going to be witnessing steady flow of income (if well monetized too)

I do advise not to jump into the exercise motivated by the income factor. The reason is if you don't see it soon, you'll lose the excitement and that could mean an end. If you are driven by a passion for it, chances are you are going to soar in the near future

Ergoprime

Many people are building their blogs with daily posts, this was really trending today. But if you ask bloggers in blogging communities, some will say the process of making money by blogging is very slow and need more patience, is this really true?
I like to call it a long term way. I have a blog that I will also work on in the next couple of years. I promote affiliate products and slowly build a nice amount of traffic with SEO. Furthermore I don't have to write content for the site, because I offer free guest posts for it. I only build some links manually, buy links from high quality sellers that I trust and write product reviews by my own, because outsourcing them would result in lower quality or too much to pay for one article.

The reviews that I write rank very good on Google I my site increases in traffic weekly, therefore I don't think about stopping with it. Of course you need some other short term business projects from which you can live and earn enough money to invest it in your long term goals.

Xperienced

It's somewhat true that earning from blogging is slow at the onset, the reason being that it's gradually becoming a saturated niche.You have to be creative in what you do to stand out in blogging today.I'll suggest that before you go into blogging, assess yourself and level of patience.If you want to make it really fast then blogging is not for you. Writing comes naturally for me, which was the first conviction I got about being able to cope in my blogging niche.If you don't like writing but have got the ideas of what you want to deliver then I'll advise you to get a reliable writer who will help you out with quality contents.

vinaya

Yes, blogging is a slowest way to make money online. I publish affiliate ads and network ads on my blogs. I use Adsense and Amazon, Commission Junction and Linkshare. I was able to make just $100 through Adsense over the period of one year and half of that amount throug affilate product sales. I make money money by writing for clients than onmy own blogs.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views