Email or Social Media, which one do you prefer?

JonathanS

Well, social media provides a level of 21st-century communications. So it can appear that emails are becoming old-fashioned. However, judging by what others have said on here, along with reading my own online reviews, I'd say people find more quality in a tailored email to them. Rather than reading some random posts on social media. However, in my opinion, both can be effective ways of reaching a loyal audience. Especially when that content within the social media posts or email is engaging, clear, and directive. But it does depend on your business and what type of product/service you're attempting to promote.

Nancy G

It seems like people trust what they see in their email better than trends on social media especially when business is involved. Do you think this true? And how can email marketing be carried out?
Nowadays, people use social media as a way of life. They fill up their basic needs not only for keeping in touch with friends, loved ones but also for meeting their other needs and wants. For examples, if they need entertainment, they watch YouTube. For best places to eat, they Google it. Facebook alone has a huge following all over the world. Information seems everywhere whenever you go online.

Companies or individuals recognize the importance of using these social networking sites to find prospective customers for their products and/or services, and if used correctly provide positive publicity or drive traffic into their websites which may help them generate positive leads or sales.

These leads once qualified as potential customers can be consolidated into your email list where you send them emails and formalize your offer. Special products like insurance, cars, fancy items, health products, services, etc. are normally personalized and get better response if emailed directly to the prospective customer. Follow-ups and formalizing sale is also better than thru emailing. The only setback here if your mail ends up as spam.

You cannot disregard the value of social media marketing. They are good sources or information. People are wise enough to trust or mistrust their info source. What is important is your presence especially to your target audience and your continued search to sustain more market and get positive results for your business.

Email marketing backs up your social media marketing. They complement each other.

yuekai

That is not true. For me I prefer to view the post in my social media account rather than my email. There is a lot of advertisement mail in my Gmail but I never open one of them, why? because it's not interesting to me, not like in social media you can make you post an interesting one, sometimes using animation, videos etc. So for me as social media user I will click your post when I see that it is interesting.

myla123

For me it would depends. Social Media is more on publicity or more visible to anyone where as with email is more private but Id rather prefer with emails. Using emails is is more personal interactions of transactions online with the company or business. Social Media has an access to evrybody where its best for endorsing products or mostly for entertainment advertising and marketing purposes though. And it gathers more people online where you could hear their reactions opinions and a lot more. But using emails always comes from a reliable source and can always be trusted since it is provided with source of informations and the recipient of someone who gaves information to you online

CookieRunner

It seems like people trust what they see in their email better than trends on social media especially when business is involved. Do you think this true? And how can email marketing be carried out?
Both plays an important factor in Business. It just have different purposes, process, targeted audience and ways on how it can be operated. For instance with using the Social Media, it has more followers, it drives traffic, information can be really seen and researched by any specific individual whereas an Email has a more formal way of expressing a Business' thought.

victoroj

Social media is a lot more accessible for sure, and I prefer it more than email. But, of course, there are things that we cant do on social media accounts. Like sending resume for job application and checking your boss' emails.

RuthSellers

As per my opinion the social media is the best option rather then other methods. For example if we do marketing through emails it has not any surety to deliver the mail, its could be spam or junk. So, as per my view approximately social media use by everyone and on social media it will be more visible.

sidrawat

Social media does have a significant advantage over email, it offers the possibility of going viral. Your posts are not restricted to your own network of followers. If someone shares your content, a certain number of their followers will see it too. Sometimes this can result in far more exposure than you’d get through email.

Lyrrac

I prefer email because many trolls out there using social media just to pissed someone and a lot o people don't know how to handle it while in email, it such a important businesses occur.

Mr. Awesome

If I were to choose, I would answer this one by depending on the usage of both parties. For a business person like me, I prefer emails because it is private as well as secured. But when it comes to marketing strategies, social media is better than email because there's a lot of people that are interconnected with these sites (facebook, twitter, Instagram). Therefore, you can have much attention that you want in order to deliver your product or message. Both have different usage and importance. It's up to you when you will use it in order to have an appropriate and beneficial decision.

HazelDJ

For me, both will do however, it is more formal to use the email. The businessmen find it more trusted than using social media such as facebook. The latter is more generalized. The people who read your FB account have the possibility not to take it seriously while if they receive a message from you through email, they might give attention and more opted to respond immediately.

jaymish

Why chose one strategy for marketing? Why not use both? Why limit yourself? The advantage of social media is that, If you buy ads on any of the many social media platforms you can reach very many people. Some of those people may convert to sales.

Email marketing also has a personal touch to it that potential customers may prefer. This is like talking to someone one on one. This may be better for a certain demographic e.g elderly people.

I would use both. Both are different tools. Why limit your tools.

sweetpot81

Depending on the product. But I usually recieve it through Email. Emails are more formal type and more effort. Facebook would be nice if you're selling a product or more on networking where alot of people can see. But whether it's a product or a system that you are promoting, it's the delivery that matters.

michelle camo

In my opinion, both the email and the social media are both important and I think it is also the same, and always remember that not all that you see wether it is in the social media or email are actually true. Always use your instinct and always do research before getting into any businesses.

girlkaptain

When it comes to engagement, branding and going viral I would prefer social media. Social media has better engagement rate through comments, shares and likes etc. Engagement in emails is limited through blogs, webinars and podcast. Content shared on social media can go viral within hours through repeated shares and retweet and continue tobe active for months following. When it comes to branding, social media does a better job as people can interact with your brand and remember it.

yajtagaamo

In my own opinion, I would strongly choose social media since it has a lot more audience especially the new generation of people or also known as Millenials. Social media also introduced citizen journalism, but sadly people now a days post fake news that destroys the image of journalism itself.

jhuzenA

Why do you need to choose if you can do both. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. It depends on how you maximize you accounts. There are times social media is better but there are also times that email is the best option. Example, when clients need files, you can just send it easily with social media especially when it has bigger size,but with the help of email, you can have it attached then directly send to your client.

leoandrew

Use both Email and Social Media to take advantage of the technology. Just use it for its own purpose, be careful on what you are posting and be responsible. Earn their trust and then value it. For me it's all the same, it's just how you approach it.

VladOne

For me, i mostly rely on social media because many people nowadays don't tend to check their emails just like me. It's much easy to post on social media websites so people can see your advertisements. Well that's only my opinion, but if you're a business man/woman i think it's much safer and more personal if you're using an email.

ecole11j

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have an e-mail list and send out occasional updates, but I think social media presence is more important. E-mails are easier to ignore in my opinion. Someone can just designate your domain as spam and they'll never hear from you again. Social media is more interactive and harder to ignore. It's a better platform for engaging directly with your clientele.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.