Keyword research strategy

anshul

Hi ,

Can you please suggest what technique you follow for doing research for keywords for your websites. Please also specify any tools you use for this purpose

kridan

You should do your own research by searching for your keywords on google and youtube and other places of the web, you can also use google trends

midasBalaa

Google search is a very good tool. When you search for some keywords you see a suggestion of related keywords. If you keep at it you are going to get a bunch of decent keywords. Google trends, adwords keyword planner are other alternatives worth of note. Also remember to check out your visitor stats and the kind of keywords they are using to reach your website. You will get an idea of the kind of keywords you should optimize.

NicholasM

I am Using Keyword Planner, Find longtail keywords start SEO of long tail keywords first, Rank them and then start optimization of keyword with high searches.

Rukowebsite

yups I often use keyword planner from webmaster tools to analysis keyword strategy for my new websites.

It can be the most trustworthy tool that I would recommend to everyone!

ericplotz1

Keyword planner is not always accurate.

Infact if you are not savvy you will probably just target low comp keywords blindly which is a big mistake.

You have to check the amount of search results that come up in Google and also check what comes up on a particular keyword in Google.

For instance if your first seven results are all PR5 and up, forget about ranking for that keyword. The reason that keyword is low comp is because other marketers know that they are never going to out rank sites like mashable or its equivalent, so they don't target it.

Just because there isnt much competition DOESNT mean aynything. The little bit of competition might be a big company.

For instance the keyword "new macbook pro" is low competition, but look at the front page results

You will NEVER out rank any of those sites and that is why the keyword is low competition!

Cheers

Reactions: Jovani

Jovani

Jovani
Nice said, I agree with your opinion but nothing is impossible
If you couldn't win them to get higher ranking with your ways, you can find new ways...because everything is always changing...

coolsitesv

Start with a broad keyword in your niche for keyword ideas. You'll generally want long tail keywords of 3 to 6 words depending on the competition of your niche. Even as an SEO master who can rank difficult keywords, 10 easy keywords will make more financial sense.

I'd recommend you add filters for at least 1000 searches and for keywords with CPC greater than $1. :)

Use Google Keyword Planner or Long Tail Pro for good results.

LanceBachmann

Leave all Old tactics of picking up keywords and follow modern ways for better analysis of keywords. Add Variations. Group Keywords by intent, not matching

keywords.png

Worldeyeglasses

I depend not only on Google Analytics but also the other tools. Tools such as wordstream, keywordeye, kwfinder, ubersuggest, keywordtool etc. are the very good tools to do keywords research.

SEOPub

Keyword planner is not always accurate.

Infact if you are not savvy you will probably just target low comp keywords blindly which is a big mistake.

You have to check the amount of search results that come up in Google and also check what comes up on a particular keyword in Google.

For instance if your first seven results are all PR5 and up, forget about ranking for that keyword. The reason that keyword is low comp is because other marketers know that they are never going to out rank sites like mashable or its equivalent, so they don't target it.

Just because there isnt much competition DOESNT mean aynything. The little bit of competition might be a big company.

For instance the keyword "new macbook pro" is low competition, but look at the front page results

You will NEVER out rank any of those sites and that is why the keyword is low competition!

Cheers
I am sorry, but this is pretty much totally wrong.

First...

You have to check the amount of search results that come up in Google
The number of results in the Google index has NOTHING to do with the level of competition.

The search term 'green elephants with giant purple balls' is showing over 1.8 million results.

Do you really think there are 1.8 million webpages competing for that phrase?

PageRank is a measure of the quality of incoming links to a webpage. It is a minor ranking factor when you are looking at a specific keyword. Just because a page is a PR of 5, does not mean it is even really targeting the keyword you are looking at. PR is not keyword specific. If PR was such a big deal on its own, Facebook would rank for everything.

I am assuming when you say 'low competition' you mean the competition level published in the Google Keyword Planner. That competition has NOTHING to do with SEO. Not one thing.

It is talking about the competition level among AdWords advertisers, and since you cannot bid on trademarked keywords except in the shopping results section, nobody would bid on that keyword outside of Apple.

emily

As we all know that the primary reason for search engine ranking is keywords. In my opinion selecting the right keyword in your niche is the first successes because targeting the keywords which user enter in search engines to get there results or information is very important and it is also good if you optimize your website for such keywords. I recommend WordStream’s Keyword Tool is best for your research because it gives suggestions for your keywords and with traffic estimation.

sandlegion

Keyword Analysis is very essential in OnPage part of SEO because when keyword analysis is done in a intellectual manner it will be beneficial for SEO. The adword keyword tool is helpful for keywords analysis, through which we can research on keywords completely.

jamesalan

Google keyword planner is my most favorite keyword research tool...I only use this tool..

When doing research always try to find out keyword with low competition and high search volume. It takes time to find most profitable keyword...but at last you will get good result...

Webmaster.Xochitl

Yes, you can utilize Google Webmaster Tools. I think, it's the best tools for keyword research. Just try it once.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.